Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

by Yawpick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

★★ Novice

When I double click on it, it takes me to the folder then I double click on the folder and it just opens up the folder again.

This is what it says in the properties,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content\Launcher.exe"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content"

Message 1 of 4 (10,918 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Yawpick

Uh. Did you expect that to launch a game or something? It's the collection's bonus contents. Like, music and wallpapers and stuff. Opening that item in Origin simply opens the folder where these things are located.

To play the actual games, you need to install them from their own icons in Origin. All of the collection's games get added as separate icons.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (11,629 Views)

All Replies

Re: Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Yawpick

Uh. Did you expect that to launch a game or something? It's the collection's bonus contents. Like, music and wallpapers and stuff. Opening that item in Origin simply opens the folder where these things are located.

To play the actual games, you need to install them from their own icons in Origin. All of the collection's games get added as separate icons.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (11,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Nyerguds I have the same scenario but I know it's not a game launcher.

What it should do is launch to a nice front end and display all the extra content in a menu.

It's *that* launcher which is busted just like all the other C&C The Ultimate Collection *.exe files.

Difference is I could fix the C&C, Red Alert, etc ones with tweaks but I don't think anyone has made one for the "Additional Content" launcher.

Dp you know of any tweaks to get this working?

Message 3 of 4 (4,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Matthew_Bester 

There is no such front-end or menu. And, you can just go to the folder yourself...

In Origin, you can easily get there if you right click the additional content icon and click "Move game". Then right click on the "Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content" folder, select "open in new window", and then cancel the "move game" dialog.

Message 4 of 4 (4,491 Views)