Re: Command and Conquer Red Alert 2

by CommieKazeDave

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problems, game starts with sound and black screen whatever I'm doing. My configuration is Win10, i7, GTX960M + HD Graphics 4600, 8GB RAM.

Message 21 of 25 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iamiciq

The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve the "black screen" issue for many people.

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 22 of 25 (711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot, it works now :D

Message 23 of 25 (688 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't seem to find a repair button. C&C keeps freezing on me. Sometimes it's fine for 1/2 hour, sometimes an hour, sometimes 10 minutes. It was working fine 2 weeks ago, then updates changed it. I have tried every type of incompatibility and still freezes.

Message 24 of 25 (559 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've already tried that, nothing works.

Message 25 of 25 (548 Views)