by Mohonmike

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Windows 10

★★★ Newbie
Soooooo...still no cure for windows 10? Frown
Message 31 of 95 (39,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem, but i was able to fix it pretty simple.

1. start origin manually as admin
2. deinstall c&c generals and zero hours and delete all save games

3. download the game again over origin and install it

4. change your display settings to one in that you can see in the settings of the game ( i set on 1024x 768)

now it should work perfectly fine

i tried it on windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and had on all 3 laptops and the one pc the same result

(first i made the update for origin!)

(i didnt try it with mods!)

have fun ;-)

Message 32 of 95 (39,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Windows 10 does not support any old DRM technology like Securom etc. because they are apparently a security hazard for the OS. This is why attempting to play old games protected with SecuROM like non-Origin C&C:G fails. To be able to play C&C:G on Windows 10, you need to find a workaround for the DRM, if you know what I mean. *nudge nudge*

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/windows-10-wont-run-games-with-securom-drm-says-microsoft-2/

Message 33 of 95 (39,464 Views)

★★ Novice

hey you need generals then zero hour both installed, zero hour is not a stand alone.

Message 34 of 95 (39,382 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the same problem in running generals in windows 10. After trying many fixes, I finally get it to run. I have done everything including creating options.ini etc but it still produce technical difficulties error. What really solve my problem is by installing the bibber's ultimate edition launcher fix  http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/. After that my Generals can run in windowed mode smoothly. Hopefully this will help.

*P/S:- Eventhough You set -Win in the command parameter inside Origin, It will not run in Windowed mode without the fix. I believe that whats cause the problem for me. Good luck.

Message 35 of 95 (39,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I paid £25 for the whole C&C games, everyone. even the first red alerts and they all work.I couldn't get them to work from disc. I did a clean install win 10, dont know if this makes adifference

Message 36 of 95 (39,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Looks like upgrading to windows 10 kills all game play on C&C games. also has stopped firefly games (Stronghold} from launching and running also. I regret upgrade now as I cannot get these games to run in win 7 ultimate now either after roll back.

Message 37 of 95 (38,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the game and it's expansion. I thought it was my disks because of the problem i'm having so i downloaded it off the net. used my own cd keys and even tried the crack. i tried to keep my image mounted and not use the crack but the same problem arose. so i use the run admin and a different error comes up. i've checked for malware nd viruses and there are none. "you have encountered a serious error. serious errors can be caused by many things including viruses, overheated hardware and hardware that does not meet the minimum spesification for the game. please visit the forums at www.generals.ea.com for suggested courses of action or consult your manual for technical support contact information." I resently upgraded my windows from 7 to 10.

Message 38 of 95 (38,602 Views)

Hero

@Darkreaperz20OX

This thread is about getting the CD version running on Win10, which is a problem because Microsoft decommissioned the SecuRom/Safedisc DRM system the CD game uses. If you have issues with the Origin version, please don't post them in this thread.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 39 of 95 (38,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I had done everything that Paddywan1 had done, but had not yet tried the no cd patch. I'll try that next. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!

Message 40 of 95 (38,545 Views)