Command and Conquer Generals Help

by TheHaddix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer Generals Help

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought the Command and Conquer Ultimate Eddition and I'm having a problem in the Generals game.  I have a windows 7 64bit with NVIDIA GForce GT 540M.  When I click on a unit to get it to move there is a lag in the time the unit moves, and once it moves I can't get it to un-highlight.  It will continue to move until I click on another unit, and in turn that unit will continue to move around until I click on another.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (1,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer Generals Help

Hero

@TheHaddix

Very peculiar problem... but, if you're used to playing the older games, please be aware that right click and left click have different functions in the games starting from C&C: Generals. Consult the game manual for more information on that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,964 Views)

All Replies

@Nyergudshey, as the local C&C expert ever encountered this problem?

@TheHaddixi've tagged the person that probably knows the most about the series and  its problems on those boards. Hopefully, he can help you. I never encountered the problem, but he might have. He also made some mods to ensure that the old C&C games work on modern Operating Systems (Windows 7 and above), so he is definitely the person that is the most familiar with those.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 6 (1,783 Views)

Hero

@TheHaddix

Very peculiar problem... but, if you're used to playing the older games, please be aware that right click and left click have different functions in the games starting from C&C: Generals. Consult the game manual for more information on that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 6 (1,965 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the info.  The mouse functions were different and once I got used to that it's working better.  I figured a work around for the objects not de-selecting.  I just push one of the number buttons that have nothing assigned to it and the previous objects then de-selects.  Thanks again for responding to my problem and the link to the manual.

Message 4 of 6 (1,752 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for taking the time to pass my inquiry on to someone who could help.

Message 5 of 6 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheHaddix

Well, I probably would've seen it anyway; I got an email subscription notifying me of all new topics in this forum Nerd

It's pretty weird how they switched it, though. They basically just copied the click style from Blizzard's RTS games that Starcraft popularized.

C&C3 has an option to switch to classic mouse mode, but it has some problems, and doesn't always work right. For example, I think it prevented certain commands from working right on bridges since they are both terrain to move on and objects that can be targeted.

Message 6 of 6 (1,744 Views)