Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - NOT LAUNCHING WINDOWS 8 x64

by KKrzy

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - NOT LAUNCHING WINDOWS 8 x64

★ Novice

I recently got a new computer with Windows 10 on it - CC3 would not run due to "Fatal Error".  Ended up it was a driver issue and I installed a backdated driver from 6/11/14 which resolved the issue.  Yes, I say again, it resolved the issue.  I played the game for several days, only to have the computer automatically update the driver and cause the same error.  So I rolled back the driver again and had no trouble playing again until today.  Now I get a new bogus error that you described:

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.

Please, update Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or later system."

Like I said, I had this game running for a couple weeks, so this is bogus - what did the system change that now causes this to not work?  Anyone know?

Message 11 of 35 (7,700 Views)

★★ Novice
To get this game working on Intel 4400 hd graphics card on windows 10 64bit I went and installed intel hd support driver updater the official one from intel then downgraded the driver to version 20.19.15.4444 package version 15.33.38.64.4252
Message 12 of 35 (7,217 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah try this intel driver utility get it to search your system and roll back the hd diver to one of the oldest ones that's what I did
Message 13 of 35 (7,215 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. i do have the same problem as yours ( maybe you dont have the problem any more since it has passed a long time) if you know what to do to fix it. i would be pleased to hear it. i am having the problem now

specs. gtx 660 graphics card

i7 processor

windows 10

12 gb of ram

one c drive SSD (30 gb)

one d drive HARDRIVE 1000 gb(gaming drive)

neewly bought the game at the 12th of september 2016

Message 14 of 35 (6,850 Views)

Hero

@Knight_Apollo Given the fact this thread predates Windows 10, there's no guarantee that the issue you have is even the same.

Anyway, did you try the solutions posted in this thread? I advice opening the game properties in Origin and checking the option to "Disable Origin in Game for this game"

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 15 of 35 (6,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have figured it out! For anyone new if you are running a intel graphics card you need to find a driver at least older then 2015.

This driver works with windows 10, 8 and 7 and is for intel HD 4400.

Download:https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01815174M/1/Video_Driver_5V482_WN_10.18.10.3316_A02.EXE

Hope this helps!

Message 16 of 35 (5,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mee too just bought the game and mo luck with windows 10

Message 17 of 35 (5,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

what about someone who has gtx 1080?

and has the original CD before origin...

Message 18 of 35 (5,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i use 1060 6gb, i cant run cnc3 too, same problem... 

Message 19 of 35 (5,148 Views)

★ Novice

Had to go to the cache and unistall everything but one folder. But it erases all your saved files. The moment you start running it and it updates, your screwed again.

Message 20 of 35 (5,060 Views)