Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Launching issue

by T2hDragon

Original Post

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Launching issue

★ Novice

The previous and the following releases of the francise work, but not this particular one. The game shows the launcher for the game and nothing comes after it, no crash report. I have tried to launch the game on compatibility mode (with admin privliges), changed the launcher of the game for a community one in the game files, re-installed directX and .Net framework 3.5. Have updated and re-installed my current drivers. Have launched Origin in the compatibility mode itself, I have the game set to be disabled in the propeties option and have set the game to launch in windowed mode to see if it works. Have done all the Windows 10 updates, but nothing. It couldn't be the operating system, because it has worked on other Windows 10 computers like my current laptop. Any advice?

Message 1 of 4 (428 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Launching issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

@T2hDragon

Hmm. Yeah, seems like you tried the whole shebang. The only thing more I can offer is that I'm fairly sure these games specifically need the DirectX 9.0c components from June 2010. So, the latest version won't do; they need components from that older release.

Then again, I'm fairly sure there are other games in the pack that need those too, so if the rest of the games from around that era do run I would assume they're installed correctly already. Still, might be worth a try.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Tried that version of DirectX, sadly it did not fix it. I am still searching for solutions, so everything is welcome. I found out that Red Alert 3 has the same issue as Tiberium Wars, but for example Red alert 2 and Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight work without a problem.

Message 3 of 4 (381 Views)

Hero

@T2hDragon

Well, Red Alert 2 is an entirely different generation of games; it's not 3D yet.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)