Command & Conquer the First decade problems with 2 games

by skarecrowmcl

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Command & Conquer the First decade problems with 2 games

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi guys 2 questions I am missing some dll files or damaged dll files to MY Tiberian sun wont play at all, un-installed and re-installed same problem, what do I do with this problem the disk is 2 days old, the other is Renagade  it will not fire at all and the games itself dosent reconize Windows Home vista as my operating systemm or the intel chip set, any help and soulutions would be helpful.. I want to run TS so bad the others can wait TS is My fav and want to get to knoe it again from start to finish and with the add ons got run it!!!!!!:catvery-happy:

Message 1 of 3 (4,289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command & Conquer the First decade problems with 2 games

★★★★★ Novice

Hey...you might be happy to know this but Tib Sun is actually provided FREEWARE by EA :D

Heres the download link..Its fully legit..you can also crosscheck this info if you wish through the official C&C forums.

http://www.fileplanet.com/210105/210000/fileinfo/Command-&-Conquer:-Tiberian-Sun-(Full-Game)

it also contains patch+ stuff for running it on win xp+ later

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You are not missing any DLL files. Windows Vista and up gives you this error if you don't install and run the game as an administrator. To do this first uninstall the entire game and run Windows Explorer then browse to your DVD drive,
right click on Setup.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility > Tick "Run This Program as an Administrator".

And install th game again.

Regarding Renegade, after you've reinstalled the game as an admin

Browse to the game folder, right click on "Game.exe" -> Properties -> Compatibility > Tick "Run This Program as an Administrator".
Do that for all .exe (application) files in the Renegade folder.

That should do the trick.

Edit: While what Multiblade says is true the free version has the same problem and also needs to be installed and run as an admin.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,800 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Hey...you might be happy to know this but Tib Sun is actually provided FREEWARE by EA :D

Heres the download link..Its fully legit..you can also crosscheck this info if you wish through the official C&C forums.

http://www.fileplanet.com/210105/210000/fileinfo/Command-&-Conquer:-Tiberian-Sun-(Full-Game)

it also contains patch+ stuff for running it on win xp+ later

Message 2 of 3 (4,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You are not missing any DLL files. Windows Vista and up gives you this error if you don't install and run the game as an administrator. To do this first uninstall the entire game and run Windows Explorer then browse to your DVD drive,
right click on Setup.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility > Tick "Run This Program as an Administrator".

And install th game again.

Regarding Renegade, after you've reinstalled the game as an admin

Browse to the game folder, right click on "Game.exe" -> Properties -> Compatibility > Tick "Run This Program as an Administrator".
Do that for all .exe (application) files in the Renegade folder.

That should do the trick.

Edit: While what Multiblade says is true the free version has the same problem and also needs to be installed and run as an admin.

Message 3 of 3 (4,801 Views)