Re: Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Boss General

by Adaster678

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Boss General

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Those who finished the Challenge Mode probably heard about General Leang (AKA Boss General).

I wanted to play this faction so I looked into the code and found a way to enable it on the Skirmish matches only. Sadly, I was unable to enable it in the Challenge Mode and that's what brought me here. If anyone knows how to play General Leang without any mod (I don't like the mods because they give this faction different buildings and units).

I also heard that General Ironside's and Mohmar's code is in the game files but I couldn't find it, if you know how to enable them I would like to know that too. :D

Message 1 of 12 (11,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adaster678

That's probably because it's an unused general? I'm fairly sure that means they never made a challenge mode for that one. You can't unlock content that doesn't exist.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (11,867 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adaster678

Uhh...

Literally the first result if you google for General+Leang+Boss+General is a video that explains how to unlock him yourself... Disappointed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2oVUTsBD6Q

Given the fact this explains exactly how the modding happens, you can be 100% sure nothing is added that way, either.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 12 (11,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This video doesn't show you how to get the Boss General in the Challenges Mode.

Message 3 of 12 (11,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adaster678

That's probably because it's an unused general? I'm fairly sure that means they never made a challenge mode for that one. You can't unlock content that doesn't exist.

Message 4 of 12 (11,868 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

When I tried to play this faction in the challenges mode it brought me back to the intro screen but none of the buttons appeared. But I guess you're right.

Message 5 of 12 (10,994 Views)

★★ Novice

Cant say that when the LAST CHALLENGE MODE GENERAL is Leang;

The question was for unlocking it to play as, as since it is already there to play against

Message 6 of 12 (7,843 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys, if anyone is still looking for a way to play as leang in the challenge mode, you have to do all of what you need to do to enable to play her in skirmish, and use finalbig for the INIZH.big file in your game dir, Find Data\INI\ChallengeMode.ini in finalbig inside of inizh, and go all the way to the bottom below GeneralPersona9, where it says "StartsEnabled" put 'yes', where it has "PlayerTemplate" set it as a playertemplate of another general, (in my case i decided to use "FactionChinaNukeGeneral") as the default playertemplate icon is blank, and set where it says "Campaign" to which of the other generals campaign settings (again, in my case, i put "CHALLENGE_8")

if you want to get extra involved, you can go to Data\INI\Campaign.ini in finalbig and make your own challenge campaign.

Message 7 of 12 (7,824 Views)

★★ Novice

@LogicaTechnicha wrote:

Guys, if anyone is still looking for a way to play as leang in the challenge mode, you have to do all of what you need to do to enable to play her in skirmish, and use finalbig for the INIZH.big file in your game dir, Find Data\INI\ChallengeMode.ini in finalbig inside of inizh, and go all the way to the bottom below GeneralPersona9, where it says "StartsEnabled" put 'yes', where it has "PlayerTemplate" set it as a playertemplate of another general, (in my case i decided to use "FactionChinaNukeGeneral") as the default playertemplate icon is blank, and set where it says "Campaign" to which of the other generals campaign settings (again, in my case, i put "CHALLENGE_8")

if you want to get extra involved, you can go to Data\INI\Campaign.ini in finalbig and make your own challenge campaign.

Very, very minor edit; you *have* to make your own challenge campaign for it to actually work, i thought i didnt, but eh

Message 8 of 12 (7,823 Views)

★★ Novice

scrap the "change the playertemplate part" as that also sets the general, so uh, setting it to yes and adding the new challenge campaign will allow you to play as her, but the icon on the map is invisible, but it is above the nuke general icon a little bit, once you hover over it, youll find it though.

In a very roundabout way, the person was somewhat correct, there is no icon for her, nor a default, but hidden missionset, but atleast its possible, unlike ironside or mohmar, where there is no faction at all ingame, just placeholders.

Annotation 2020-03-19 165538.png

Message 9 of 12 (7,802 Views)

★★ Novice
@Adaster678 although i dont see why you want to play as the most balanced faction ever? ! Standard smile
Message 10 of 12 (7,799 Views)