CnC3: Tiberium wars doesnt start in windows 10

by Ralph2449

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CnC3: Tiberium wars doesnt start in windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I downloaded cnc 3 from ultimate collection, when i try to open the game the cnc 3 green logo appears for 5-8 seconds, then disappears and nothing happens.

I am using windows 10 and from what i got this is a usual issue.

I ve tried running as administrator

disabling origin ingame

using compatibility mode with most older windows version but the issue keeps happening, surprisingly red alert 3 and cnc4 plays with no issues

Any other known solutions to this problem?

Message 1 of 14 (42,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CnC3: Tiberium wars doesnt start in windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

And no solution was found, clearly the issue was from origin.

Ended up buying the game from steam and it worked just fine without any compatibility mode changes or administrator stuff

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (46,349 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Ralph2449

Think you covered the obvious stuff... other things you might try are a repair/reinstall through Origin, and a manual install of the DirectX components:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 14 (42,701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Didnt seem to work, i did that, also tried to restart but nothing

I cant repair the game, probably because i just installed it and repair only seems to appear in games i ve played before.

I also tried to download the cnc ultimate edition launchers fix yet in the box that shows which games to apply the fix to, only red alert 3 is visible, as if it cant detect cnc3 and kane's wrath. Geforce experience doesnt seem to detect them either though maybe because they are old since red alert 3 works fine but i dont see it there either.

I used the cnc online launcher to get the error log

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: "CNC3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Message 3 of 14 (42,694 Views)

Hero

@Ralph2449

Huh. And have you tried plain completely uninstalling and reinstalling? If needed, you can just delete the entire game folder and then reinstall.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 14 (42,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes i just did that, completely uninstall and reinstalled cnc3 and kane's wrath.

I reinstalled cnc3 but i still get the same problem.

Not sure if it matter but when i chose create a desktop icon for both in origin, cnc3, kane's wrath and cnc4 didnt create one(cnc4 for some reason plays without an issue) and red alert 3 also had an icon in desktop when installed, origin is "run as administrator" so it shoudlnt have problems

And the weird thing is that this cnc ultimate collection launcher fix has all other cnc but red alert greyed out even when they are installed.

I cant imagine where the problem is.

Message 5 of 14 (42,655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And no solution was found, clearly the issue was from origin.

Ended up buying the game from steam and it worked just fine without any compatibility mode changes or administrator stuff

Message 6 of 14 (46,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hello did your comes up with exception with exception handler
Message 7 of 14 (41,461 Views)

Community Manager

@Mattownzyou2 Sorry to see that you are having issues, please download this older DirectX driver  and see if it helps: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 14 (41,446 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried that, it doesn't work.

Message 9 of 14 (33,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I fixed the issue for Windows 10 (version 1909) by disabling Force randomisation for images (Mandatory ASLR) setting for the CNC3Launcher.exe program 

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  Update & Security > Windows Security > App & browser control

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on Exploit protection settings

3. Select the Program Settings tab

4. Click Add program to customise > Add by program name

5. Type CNC3Launcher.exe

6. Turn Off Force randomisation for images (Mandatory ASLR) by enabling Override system settings and moving the slider to the off position (see the attached image)

7. Click Apply

Message 10 of 14 (26,043 Views)