C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

by JCOMMAND

Original Post

Re: C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

★ Novice

This one works with me, after set all settings to Original again

thanks

@Engineerabd wrote:

I was unable to run the game too. After I click the game icon, It was giving a black screen with sound running in the background. I tried all the solutions in this thread without success. Finally, I found the solution on YouTube. I am running Win10 64-bit pro by the way.

Just click the link, watch the video, download the file, follow instructions & Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwQ4qBPJMQ

Message 41 of 57 (2,857 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here

Message 42 of 57 (2,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I try  many of the thing you said

i disable the in game origin ... i put in  compatibility mode i try  reinstall i got log 1 time i put in 1024 * .... its bug again so i did open RA2..ini and changed the 1024 *800 and put in video 800*600 it did not work so i did not changed the ini and i put run in 640*480 then it work

Message 43 of 57 (2,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been looking for days at how to do this & nothing has worked...so well done EA.  I give up.  I quit.  No more C&C for me ever again.  I've tried to get this to work on & off for years.  It was a bloody cover of Act On Instinct that I found that made me want to try again.  I wish I hadn't...  Depressed doesn't even begin to describe it...

Message 44 of 57 (2,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Message 45 of 57 (2,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@plokite95Thanks...but I'm just done.  I don't know where to begin with half of that & I'm not a fan of random downloads.
I don't understand why there are so many problems when even older games run with no problems at all.

Message 46 of 57 (2,385 Views)

★★ Guide

@RJFinch88

The guide literally gives you all the downloads you need. They're made by fans and have worked for thousands upon thousands of people.

Old games in general have poor compatibility, and finding one that works without major issues out-of-the-box is a rarity, not a rule. That's a fact.

Message 47 of 57 (2,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@plokite95
Yes, I can see that.  Problem is...I am done.  Like I said, I've tried on & off for years to do this & I can't figure it out.  I added the ddwrapper, graphics patch & Bibber's launchers, just as your guide said.  Parameters was something new to me, but I still did it as it described...and still nothing but a black screen & not even any blind interaction with menus through furiously clicking the mouse.  Tried every possible combination of compatibility settings before & after all of it on top of god knows how many installs & full uninstalls.
It doesn't work.  Clearly I'm let down by my own lack of understanding once more.  If thousands upon thousands have got it to work then I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I just don't have it in me to try it any more.  Every time I hear that Westwood Chrono-logo but see nothing but pitch black I get so mad I can hardly breathe.  I JUST WANT TO BLOW S**T UP WITH A FLEET OF KIROV AIRSHIPS AGAIN!  WHY IS THAT A F**KING CRIME, EA!?!

And don't go there.  I've got dozens of old games that run perfectly fine, that needed no tweaking on my end to work whatsoever.

Message 48 of 57 (2,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie
run directx9
Message 49 of 57 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried this and it sends me to my files. idk what to do now

Message 50 of 57 (1,600 Views)