C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

by JCOMMAND

Original Post

Accepted Solution

C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

★★★ Novice

Hi

I just downloaded Red Alert 2 and Yuri's revenge from the Command and Conquer Ultimate Edition through origin.  When I click Play in origin the window that lets me chose between Red Alert 2 or Yuri's revenge pops up but it wont launch either game when I click on them. I am using windows 8.1.  The link to the game on the desktop and start menu also do not work.  I have tried restarting all programs and restarting computer, running as administrator.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 57 (59,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

★★★★★ Novice

Try to disable the In-Game overlay in Origin settings. This resolved my game launch issues with Red Alert 2 and Generals.

View in thread

Message 3 of 57 (66,933 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I tried compatibility mode, running as admin, running in 16 bit color, and uninstalling and reinstalling the programs. Any help?

Message 2 of 57 (59,694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Try to disable the In-Game overlay in Origin settings. This resolved my game launch issues with Red Alert 2 and Generals.

Message 3 of 57 (66,934 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot! This solved my problems with Red Alert 2 and and I had the same problem with Generals which this also solved.  For anyone elso who reads this, in the top left corner of origin is the word "origin". click this to get a drop down menu, then click "application settings" about half way down, then click "origin in game" from the menu on the left, then uncheck the "enable origin in game" box.  This disables origin overlay, and the games run fine. thanks again!

Message 4 of 57 (59,606 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help TeuphiLuv its works now on my window 8 everything work ... but after 15 min or 20 min . 

The game suddenly freez and i cant close the game . i force my laptop to shutdown to start the game again and after 15 min the same thing happen again .

Please do you have any idea what causing this problem , and what i should do .

Thank you in advance for your help .

Best Regards.

Message 5 of 57 (59,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you try reinstalling the game? Running as administrator? This has worked for me sometimes when programs dont work properly, If you can, try running compatability mode, try running with each different setting (windows 7, vista, 95,98 xp...), even if the computer thinks one setting will work better.  If this doesn't work,

Are you using windows 8 or 8.1?

Does that game freeze during a certain level, or just after a certain time?

Are you using a touch screen laptop or using mouse?

hopefully this helps

Message 6 of 57 (59,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot. That worked.

Erwin

Message 7 of 57 (59,039 Views)

★ Novice

where can i find the in game overlay settings?

Message 8 of 57 (58,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Right-click the game in the Origin games list, and choose "game properties".

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 9 of 57 (58,960 Views)

★ Novice
Any reasons why it won't let me disable the games in origin setting? I clicked on it but nothing happens it stay check :/
Message 10 of 57 (58,918 Views)