Re: C & C collection wont launch win7 64

by Nyerguds

Original Post

C & C collection wont launch win7 64

★ Novice

just got C and C.... and like the title says it wont launch whatsoever.

ive googled and tried other options from here none worked. seems very common. it  pops up the C&C folder..i click launcher..run as admin.. it shuts down Origin. nothing happens.

never played C&C before and got the collection for my holiday time off. should of stuck with newer games maybe lol

running win 7 64

gtx 1070

16g ram

fx 8350 4.0ghz

ive gone into origin and disabled origin overlay like others have recommended but to no avail

Message 1 of 7 (2,361 Views)

Hero

@angryassdrummer

I think you're trying to run the wrong item.

All games in the collection are separate items in your games list. The only item in there with the actual C&C Ultimate Collection cover art is not a game; if you look at the item's details you will see it is the collection's bonus material. It isn't supposed to launch anything, it just opens the folder containing that bonus material.

So just find the separate games in your games list, and install and play them separately.

Here's some preemptive troubleshooting to help you on your way after you found and installed your games: Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. For Red Alert 2 there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (2,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

thanks for the reply!

i thought that too...however the only games showing in my games list are the expansions for the main games

Message 3 of 7 (2,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@angryassdrummer

Again, please read the complete item descriptions. All games are simply listed as one item with their expansion(s):

• Command & Conquer and The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert, Counterstrike and The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun and Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and Yuri’s Revenge
  • Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and Kane’s Wrath
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 and Uprising

So, yes, those are the games. For the older games up to Tiberian Sun, these expansion packs aren't even separate programs anyway, so they can't be launched without the main game. And, in fact, Renegade will be in there without expansion, since it doesn't have one.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 7 (2,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nyerguds hi i tried this but still black screen
Message 5 of 7 (711 Views)

Hero
@RiverMoon9 Well, the post you looked at is 6 years years old and about Win7. Things might have changed slightly since then.

Nowadays, I generally just advise people to install the CnCNet installer on RA2. Even if you're not interested in the multiplayer part, the fixes it gives are applied to the basic offline game too, and if one renderer doesn't solve the problem for you, its configuration has a choice of different ones too.

https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

Message 6 of 7 (679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi All i have fixed the issue for me it turns out that the game will keep minimizing if your screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080

i have two monitors one with the resolution of 1920 x 1080 and one with the resolution of 1680 x1050

red alert 2 Yuri's revenge will only run with no issues on my 1680 x1050 monitor

Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)