C&C 3 & Kane's Wrath Fatal Error Windows 10

by BigKingNasty

Original Post

C&C 3 & Kane's Wrath Fatal Error Windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

Good afternoon all,

My fiancees son has purchased C&C The Ultimate Collection for Origin on his Windows 10 machine and has not had any issuse with any of the games so far, apart from C&C 3 and Kane's Wrath expansion. Whenever he attempts to play either of these titles the game will not load up properly and he recieves the error: FATAL ERROR: Exception in Exception Handler. His laptop has Intel Iris graphics, I have tried various fixes, including backdating drivers for the graphics card, changing various compatability properties, all to no avail. I have Windows 8 on my laptop and run every game in the collection with no issues whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as C&C 3 and Kane's Wrath were the games he was looking forward to playing the most in this collection as he has pretty much devoured most of the other titles!

Many thanks in advance!

BigKingNasty

Message 1 of 4 (601 Views)

Re: C&C 3 & Kane's Wrath Fatal Error Windows 10

Hero

@BigKingNasty

Sorry... the "backdating drivers" is the only possible solution we've found so far. It seems to be an issue in Intel's drivers, anyway. Frown

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (584 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Many thanks for the reply, so what drivers would you reccomend I use? Obviously at the moment it is up to date.
Message 3 of 4 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BigKingNasty

Someone reported it working with drivers from around/before June 2014. I never had the issue myself, so that's unfortunately all I know.

Another thing people have said, which I know is often relevant, is to make sure the computer's power management is not running in any kind of power saving mode; it often messes up what applications can get out of 3D cards, and Windows seems to turn these settings way down on laptops. So find the system's power settings and make sure to set them to high performance.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)