Adding custom maps in Origin's C&C Ult. Coll.

by trapee01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adding custom maps in Origin's C&C Ult. Coll.

★★ Novice

How to add custom maps in the RA2 and Yuri's Revenge? I bought Ultimate Collection from Origin...thx

Message 1 of 15 (19,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adding custom maps in Origin's C&C Ult. Coll.

Hero

@trapee01

What kind of custom maps? Are you talking single player missions or multiplayer maps, and, do you intend to play skirmish on them, or do you mean for online play?

The official servers have been offline for years, but you can play YR online on CnCNet. But they organize their maps differently than the original game, I think.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (20,634 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@trapee01

What kind of custom maps? Are you talking single player missions or multiplayer maps, and, do you intend to play skirmish on them, or do you mean for online play?

The official servers have been offline for years, but you can play YR online on CnCNet. But they organize their maps differently than the original game, I think.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 15 (20,635 Views)

★★ Novice

Sry for not being precise enough...Not for online, just for some solo skirmish vs AI maps...

Message 3 of 15 (19,647 Views)

Hero

@trapee01

Fairly sure they just need to be put into the game folder. These are old games, from before the time external folders in My Documents and such were used. What file formats are they? What are the file extensions?

Message 4 of 15 (19,640 Views)

★★ Novice

I guess .yrm... I would download them from cnclabs.

Message 5 of 15 (19,630 Views)

Hero

@trapee01

Yeah, fairly sure you just dump those in the game install folder...

Message 6 of 15 (19,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't mean to bump on old thread, but this is the closest thing that I have found that I'm currently dealing with. I have downloaded some maps from CnC Labs, but they aren't showing up on skirmish mode. I have the ultimate edition from Origin and not sure what to do next. It's for offline play skirmish mode only. Just wanting to play custom and modded maps. Here is my directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Maps\Custom

Any help would be appreciated

Message 7 of 15 (19,468 Views)

Hero

@UnhingedMedic

You could've just read my answer.

Fairly sure that "Maps\Custom" folder was added by CnCNet. It's not original. Don't put the files in there, just put them in the game folder itself.

Message 8 of 15 (19,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever figure it out? I used to make maps and put gems all over one field and fight the hardest so I always had a bunch of cash. I assume since its Origins that can't happen. 

Message 9 of 15 (19,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone figure this out yet?  Is it not possible to play custom maps for CnC 3 or CnC 3 Uprising? 

I put them in the AppData folder and in the game folder and in subfolders of each and nothing shows up in the map selection when the game is run.

NONE of these worked ... 

Subdirectory in this folder .... 

C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\red alert 3\Maps\erics_map

Subdirectory in this folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\Maps\eriks_map

Subdirectory in this folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\eriks_map

The raw files dumped into this directory ... 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\Maps\

The raw files dumped into this directory ... 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\

Message 10 of 15 (17,243 Views)