Re: [iOS] - Burnout Crash! FAQ

by EA_Najat

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

1 - Which devices can I play Crash! on?

You can play Crash! on all recent Apple devices. iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iTouch 4th generation, iPad 1, iPad 2 & iPad 3 are all supported. All Firmware from 4.3 & above is supported too. 

2 - Is this identical to the console version?

It is similar but not identical. This version has been specifically crafted for optimum gameplay on Apple devices. The UI is more easily navigational and user friendly.

Some star requirements have been tweaked slightly for the platform. Event names have been changed and re-ordered based on customer feedback. ‘Nudging’ has been introduced which means you are able to move a short distance even without a full Crashbreaker.  

3 - How can I access Autolog?

To access Autolog you will need a registered Origin account. Whether creating a new account or using an existing one this is easy to set up and allows you to stay synced with all your friends across all eligible EA titles.

4 - Can I create multiple save games?

Yes. Save games are tied to Origin accounts which allows for multiple users to share the same device by logging into their Origin account.

5Do I need an active internet connection to play?

No. If you have no internet connection you are still able to play the game in its entirety except for the Autolog-based features.

Additionally, if you start playing with a signed in Origin account and you lose your internet connection it will seamlessly revert to an offline version of that profile which will still save all your progress accordingly.

6 - Can I play without an Origin account?

Yes. If no Origin account is signed in progress will automatically be stored on the ‘Guest’ account.

7 - Can I assign my save game to my Origin account later?

Yes. If you start making progress on the Guest account you can later sign in with (or create) an Origin account and it will give you the option of assigning the progress made to it.

8What’s the difference between Guest Profile and New Profile?

When signing in with a new Origin account it may ask you to select either Guest or New Profile. If you select Guest it will assign all save data from the Guest account to the signed in profile. If you select New Profile you will start from completely fresh.

9 - How come I have no suggestions in Make Friends?

This may be because you have not populated your Origin account with any friends. It will need at least one friend to be able to give you friend suggestions as it bases this on friends or friends.

10 I have enough friends. Why aren’t they showing up to send an Autolog Challenge to?

You cannot have multiple Autolog Challenges happening with the same person at any one time. This means if you have 5 friends and have sent 5 challenges to each you will not have the option to send anymore until at least one of them has responded.

11 - Does Crash! use Game Centre?

Yes but this is independent and detached from Origin. This means that you need to sign in and out of it separately, as required. Changing Origin account will not change your Game Centre account and vice versa.

Message 2 of 3 (2,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hints & Tips

• During Rush Hour, try to hit as many buildings as possible.
    Normally this approach will result in a higher score than focussing on traffic alone.
  • During Rush Hour, ensure there is a large build up of traffic vehicles when the timer runs out and you are nicely positioned in the centre of this.
    High explosion combo’s here will really help your score.
  • During Pile Up, avoid blowing up vehicles until the Inferno stage where possible.
    This way you’ll have enough ammunition to keep the fires burning during the latter stage of the event and score higher!
  • During Pile Up, use the holes to drop into and respawn.
    This stops your timer and allows you a fresh attempt at blowing things up.
  • During Road Block, make the most of the Bank Trucks.
    If periodically you have not let a single traffic vehicle escape then a bank truck will appear instead of an ambulance. Blowing this up give you the opportunity to collect the big money bags bonus.
  • During Road Block, be aware of risk versus reward.
    While staying still in the centre of the level may be the best way to make it to the Super Feature, straying off tangent to blow up some buildings may help you score big and get the $50m star.

Message 3 of 3 (2,960 Views)