Burnout Paradise crashing after intro

by Galbi3000

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise crashing after intro

★★★ Novice
They do not value their customers. Once we have paid for the games any troubles we have are our fault and not theirs! I will not be purchasing any more EA games, that's for sure. No support whatsoever Frown
Message 11 of 23 (6,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's a long time passed but as I was brought back to this topic by an email alert I thought I would address the lame suggestions from EA_Najat and point out why they are so lame:

- Launching the game as an administrator.

While this may fix some issues regarding internet communications and saving data (in the wrong places I might add) this is clearly not a case regarding administrator rights. It is a crash caused by a bug that EA refuse to admit is there despite many people having it!

- Making sure that Windows and the graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Automatic updates on Windows and both AMD and Nvidia use software to regularly check for updates for their drivers, kind makes this a pointless suggestion.

- scanning your system for viruses.

Unless the virus is in your game files, it is not likely to affect the running of the game!

- Repairing the game (in case of corrupted file)

Do technical support people actually read initial complaints fully? Are they so smug in their jobs that they think they know everything already and whatever I say as a customer does not matter? I find that with all technical support people I have dealt with online they fail to read key points in the complaints! I STATED THAT I RE-INSTALLED THE GAME AFTER A LONG TIME NOT PLAYING IT AND HAVING IT UNINSTALLED, IT IS ESSENTIALLY A 'REPAIRED' GAME! Geesh.

- Launching the game directly via Origin.

Really?! I had not thought to try that! #sarcasm

- Try a clean boot to see if the issue persists.

Refer to my previous sarcastic reply!

Now come on Origin/EA, fix the bug and stop insisting the problem is with the customer. Skirting the issue with pointless and repeated suggestions that do not work will not make it go away. Only fixing the game will, or refund us our money and we will go spend it on Steam games instead!!

Message 12 of 23 (6,022 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This game uses a lot of RAM. That being said after watching your video and seeing your desktop and quick launch I would not be one bit surprised if you didn't have to many processes and services running at once and causes the crash. You can see whats running in Task Manager.

Message 13 of 23 (5,944 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is what worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2E2dhCE6vI

If you don't have it on steam, do the same thing, you just won't be able to make sure that burnout isn't using the camera.

Message 14 of 23 (5,928 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem...

Message 15 of 23 (5,605 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Galbi,

I'm also having some headaches with Burnout Paradise, and going through the video I noticed that the crash happens at the exact moment the car description and other stuff is supposed to appear. Couldn't it be related to the regional settings / idiom select (both in game and in your Windows?)? It's a long shot, but if your PC isn't using US / UK plain settings, it could be one possible cause... go figure how this software is being tested Standard smile

Message 16 of 23 (4,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

Ive read through the answers on this post and on the steam forums as well and I did try everything they asked but nothing worked until I tinkered around with the settings myself. I cannot comment on this "webcam" thing since my PC doesn't have one.  My system has the following configuration: Windows 10 , 64-bit, i7-3770, GeForce 660Ti and 32GB RAM.

The game is installed via Origin.

I went to the installation folder, right clicked on the burnoutparadise.exe file, properties and choose it to run under Windows XP SP3 mode.

Open the Origin client and select the burnout game.

Click on "ï"  (information) icon.

Another box will now open up where you will have 2 tabs. Make sure you're on the Details tab. In here you will now have 2 sub headings called Game Links and Actions.

Under the Actions heading, click on Game Properties and it will now show you a window where you can enter a command. It should read: Command Line Arguements.

In this line type in the following: -multithread

Make sure the box below is UNCHECKED or BLANK.

Now run the game.

This worked for me. The game loaded up with the introduction, the GunsNRoses song, DMV etc.... No crashes at all.

I hope this works out for you guys as well.

Message 17 of 23 (4,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You need a 4gb to 8gb ran that's why or part of the package did not install correctly
Message 18 of 23 (4,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This works when you change compatibility settings.

Message 19 of 23 (2,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of these solutions worked Disappointed

Message 20 of 23 (1,454 Views)