Re: Burnout Paradise X360 Account

by SPARTAN089_Ace

Original Post

Burnout Paradise X360 Account

★ Novice

Hi all,

I recently got Burnout Paradise for the XBox360, looking to play online with friends. Yet I can't seem to play online. I am prompted to create an account and accept terms, but when I do I'll get the message: 'The Burnout Paradise server is not available at this time. Please try again later". Which seems strange, since my friends were on and playing at the same time I was trying to.

Played tons of other games online and never had issues. I have the most recent version of Burnout Paradise [1.9]. I just created an EA account (which I didn't have yet), using the same e-mail address as I used for my Gamertag. If I read information online right, it should be automatically linking the accounts when I play an EA online on XBox Live. But for some reason it doesn't.

Perhaps there's another way to link accounts? I read that it used to be possible through 'Add a friend' menu, but I can't find anything like that.

Ciao

Message 1 of 4 (1,263 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @SPARTAN089_Ace 

I guess you have already read our article on how to link your Xbox Gamertag and EA Account. If you are still having troubles linking them, you should get in touch with EA Advisors directly https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. They can link your accounts mannualy in no time.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,246 Views)

★ Novice

Actually, I didnt' find much on that. I found a bunch of outdated information on linking the accounts through the 'Add a friend...' option in Origin. I even downloaded Origin and looked for it but that seems to no longer be an option.

A newer source of information basically said they were supposed to link automatically if they use the same e-mail account, which they do.

Anyhow, that is good to hear, I guess I'll contact them first thing tomorrow. TY. =]

Message 3 of 4 (1,244 Views)

★ Novice

Follow the link you provided I can only enter a phone number for US or Canada it seems. While I live in Europe. I found an EA site in my native language, called the support telephone number there, and got something like "We can't help right now, please hang up the phone." after 20 minutes waiting and not having spoken to anyone.

Great. xD

Message 4 of 4 (1,228 Views)