Re: Burnout Paradise -Cannot connect to Server

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Burnout Paradise -Cannot connect to Server

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this and I'm sorry this is such a loooong post but I want to give you every scrap of info I can because it seems that even EA cannot suss this one out....

I used to get this exact same problem on my Xbox 360 and now I get it on my Xbox one.

Load up Burnout Paradise (BOP), and when I try to connect to the server I get the following error (See attached screen grab) 

"Your Xbox 360 console cannot connect to the Paradise City servers. Please check your network connection and try again later".

Sounds simple enough and at the time (back when I had my 360) I didnt think much of it and left it, I tried it a few times but had the same error over and over again so left it.

The game became available on Xbox one so I downloaded it and got the exact same error?

So I'm now determined to get this sorted, all of my friends I play online with have it and my son has it and so I really want to be able to play with them.

The weird things are, all of my friends were able to get onto the servers and still can when I can't and my son connected his Xbox one to the servers today which is using the same network/router/internet connection and no problem at all when I couldn't so I know it's not my router or needing to do some kind of port forwarding thing as he didn't have to, and I've probably had 4 or 5 different routers/service providers over the years and still had the issue. And I had exactly the same issue on my old 360 and my Xbox one so I know it's not the console?

So I believe it has to be my account, either my Xbox Live one or my EA one, they just don't want to communicate with each other (bit like me and my ex-wife I suppose), the weird thing about that is I play Titanfall, Battlefield and Battlefront all EA games and all with no issues?

I have contacted EA on Twitter and they told me to try the following:

@EAHelp  I'm not seeing anything going on with the account, can you make sure the privacy settings are set to adult default on the console and then from the Xbox dashboard select Settings- All Settings- Network- Network Settings- Advanced Settings- Alternate MAC address - Clear- Restart.

Yep did that, didn’t help so I contacted them again and was told to try this:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Yep did that and still nothing, so when I asked again they sent me here...

So what I believe is this:
It’s not my console as it did it on my 360 as well as my XB1 and I have followed the steps above as suggested.
It’s not my router etc as my son can connect on exactly the same setup no problem.
My Origin account and my Xbox Live account are connected as it says so on my account info.
I am completely lost with what to do and I’m hoping it’s something really simple that one of you clever people can tell me how to fix, I will then hang my head in shame but at least I’ll be able to do it in the comforting knowledge that I can now play BOP with my friends & son.

As I said at the beginning I’m sorry this is so long but I didn’t want people suggesting things that I have already tried or not knowing stuff that may have helped understand my issue.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far, here’s hoping….
Cheers
Pete

Message 1 of 14 (6,010 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @THENosamp 

I can totally see why you are frustrated. So have you tried to play the game on your console with someone`s else account? If everything works fine, and the only possible issue source can be your account, I suggest you to contact Xbox support directly about this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (5,978 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Archi,

No I haven't tried that but I will, thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the link too, I'll let you know how I get on, I appreciate your help.

Pete

Message 3 of 14 (5,962 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@THENosamp 

No worries, just let me know how it goes with Xbox support. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 14 (5,955 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue on PC, which means I can't use the DLC for the game.

Message 5 of 14 (4,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Is your game newly installed from a downloaded version? Or did you get a NOS CD from Ebay or somewhere? If you installed from a CD you need a patch to get on the server.

Get the patch here http://download.cnet.com/Burnout-Paradise-The-Ultimate-Box-Patch/3000-7513_4-10914789.html

If you have a new downloaded version follow the steps here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Message 6 of 14 (4,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got it from the origin server. Also, I'm using an ethernet connection at 150mbp/s, I'm not having issues with anything except this game.

I set up both Origin and Burnout to run as admin and still cannot connect to the servers.

Message 7 of 14 (4,963 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Did you get to the white screen? On the bottom right corner click "back to game". Or are you getting a error message again?

Message 8 of 14 (4,949 Views)

★★ Novice

It says "Your PC cannot connect to Burnout Paradise servers."

Message 9 of 14 (4,929 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try and install the patch, it will install and update your game or you will get a message telling you your software / game is up to date. You need to know if you got the patch or not.

Message 10 of 14 (4,917 Views)