Re: Burnout Crash Autolog servers still down

by DarkBladeEkkusu

Original Post

Burnout Crash Autolog servers still down

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Alright, I have tried everything, from contacting EA chat support (which they said would be taken as "major feedback") and informing EA across several accounts, though the EAHelp twitter was the only one that actually responded, and that was just them telling me that they would pass the issue to the appropriate team. Neither of these actions have resulted in the problem being fixed, so here I am making another post about this issue since the other topic has been ignored and we are running out of time until the official shutdown date of October 24th is upon us.

So, as many of us know, the servers for Burnout Crash have been down since approximately August 15th (last recorded achievement for the online stuff on trueachievements was August 12th) and we haven't heard anything about this issue being fixed. Many of us believed the post that it would be going down on October 24th like the rest of the list, but many of us achievement/trophy hunters bought the game in the hopes of knocking out the online stuff before the deadline. At this point, it just feels like we have been betrayed, since many of us (myself included) bought the game specifically so we could get the online stuff out of the way while it was still possible. I am not expecting any EA representatives to answer our complaints on this matter if my previous attempts have taught me anything, but it is really frustrating to have this kind of issue happen when the official shutdown info page is not showing any updated removal date for Burnout Crash or makes any special mention as to why the Autolog servers are down.

I love Burnout, but this whole experience has just made me want to stay away from any EA games, especially with achievements tied to online services that will inevitably go down. This is really just my last plea to maybe get this issue noticed before the official end, like I said though, I really am not expecting anything to change as a result of this post. Unfortunately, it is all I can do at this point and hope someone that can do something about this mess notices and can get this issue resolved.

Message 1 of 9 (1,276 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Everybody that plays 'Crash' and has not been able to be auto-logged into or onto the server, have you tried to do it manually? I'm just wondering...

Message 2 of 9 (1,258 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We can't log in automatically or manually, I have tried both daily in the past week. Judging from the posts about this issue, I think it is safe to say it hasn't worked for anyone else.

Message 3 of 9 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think i already tried every option the game has but there isnt too much. I actually lost hope for this, at least now i understand why EA was chosen as worst company so many times :P

Message 4 of 9 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly, I would have thought any other company would have addressed such an issue as soon as it was brought to their attention, but not EA apparently. I rarely complain about game issues like this, but it is extremely frustrating to have no acknowledgement of the problem even after 2 months. Meanwhile, Criterion is tweeting that we have a week to play both Burnout games online completely unaware of the fact Burnout Crash has been down since August, which a few people have tweeted this to them already. At this point, my impression of EA is just rapidly declining. At least get some PR going here to save face or something, this is completely ridiculous.While I could understand them ignoring threads here on ridiculous request, like improbable sequels and such, this is a broken element in a game and we have heard nothing at all. For that matter, if we don't have any EA representatives here helping, what is the point of this message board? I really don't like complaining about games or online servers, but I am extremely frustrated at this point. As I have said in other comments, this whole experience just makes me want to stay away from any EA game after this horrendous experience trying to get in touch with anyone related to EA to get this problem solved or even acknowledged.

Message 5 of 9 (1,205 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"Criterion is tweeting that we have a week to play both Burnout games online completely" Is that the real tweeter account or the fake one? Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (1,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It is the official account of Criterion Games, see for yourself:

https://twitter.com/CriterionGames/status/920629780202098688

They posted this a few days ago so it is no longer a week, but the point is that they are just posting about both games still being online while ignoring all the people telling them about the Burnout Crash servers being down since August.

Message 7 of 9 (1,177 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I really don't trust twitter, anybody can just say anything...no offense intended to anybody who likes / uses the service, it is what it is.

Message 8 of 9 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well it is a verified account, so it just makes EA look ignorant by saying the Burnout Crash servers are still online.

Message 9 of 9 (1,149 Views)