Re: Star wars galaxy of heroes won't load

by EA_David

Original Post

Unable to play - Stuck on loading cantina

★ Novice

I have been unable to play Star Wars galaxy of heroes since Saturday evening. Every time I try, the app hangs on the loading screen with loading cantina at the top. I am running it on an iPad Air with IOS 10.3.3 and have not had any problems before this. I have tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad and uninstalling and reinstalling the SWGOH, none of which has resolved the problem. I also have an iPod with SWGOH and that is getting stuck on loading cantina as well.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated 

Message 21 of 25 (372 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also experiencing the same issue. Tried on multiple devices. Uninstalled. Can play fine if I sign out of Game Center on iOS device. Seems to be the root of the issue.
Message 22 of 25 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you @darthzemaniac, that's quite interesting. 

Does this step help for other iOS folks?

For those still affected can you confirm to me you've tried the troubleshooting steps in this article? It contains some steps you may have tried before, but it's worth double-checking all steps to ensure nothing is missed.

Android: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

iOS: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

If these steps have no effect I'd like to gather some more info to send up to the studio. 

Can you include your  Ally Code or Game ID, your approximate location, a screenshot of the page if possible, your exact phone model and your firmware version?

IOS firmware

Android firmware

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 23 of 25 (318 Views)

★ Novice

Hi David,

thanks for your response. I followed the link to the iOS troubleshooting page and had a look through all the suggestions. I had already tried all of them, except for clearing the safari cache.so I went into settings and did that. While I was in the options section i noticed that SWGOH had a settings entry and the only option on it was Background app refresh, which was on, so I turned that off and then restarted SWGOH. 

One of those changes (or both in combination) seems to have fixed the issue for me. As soon as SWGOH started I got a popup asking if I wanted to allow notifications to which I pressed yes and then the game  loaded and immediately started a download. One that had finished I was logged in sucessfully and able to play normally.

Thanks for your help and I hope the above information helps anyone else solve this on their IOS devices

Message 24 of 25 (308 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the update @inhibbittor 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 25 of 25 (300 Views)