Galactic War Difficulty

by stratosmk393

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Galactic War Difficulty

★ Novice
This is plainly just disgusting. I have spent hunderds of $ in this game and since the last update, I can't finish the GW anymore. 3-4 nodes are just ridiculously hard and the last node is just impossible. Here is what I get pinned against every single day. I haven't finished GW in a few days and I used to finish them every day, as I have over 120 victories. I have over 20 characters over level 80 with between gear 8-10 and I still can't finished this. I don't mind a challenge but this is just bull. You need to fix this ASAP and put it back as it was. In the screenshot I put an "average team" of the last node.
Screenshot_2016-07-05-22-29-48.png
Message 1 of 11 (1,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Galactic War Difficulty

Community Manager

@stratosmk393 Hi,

We are still working on tuning Galactic War.

In the meantime, my suggestion would be to send in a low level squad with 2 decent characters that can survive a few hits.

They are going to die quickly, but will hopefully have the other team use up their specials. Then bring in your best remaining B squad (ideally with a taunt and a stun character) and try to focus fire down one of the Jedis.

Then bring in your A team (ideally with a healer and a stunner), and hopefully clean up what is left.

The other thing that helped me was to try to use my B team to beat phase 1-8 and basically hold out on using the A team as long as possible to retain protection and cooldowns on them.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,669 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@stratosmk393 Hi,

We are still working on tuning Galactic War.

In the meantime, my suggestion would be to send in a low level squad with 2 decent characters that can survive a few hits.

They are going to die quickly, but will hopefully have the other team use up their specials. Then bring in your best remaining B squad (ideally with a taunt and a stun character) and try to focus fire down one of the Jedis.

Then bring in your A team (ideally with a healer and a stunner), and hopefully clean up what is left.

The other thing that helped me was to try to use my B team to beat phase 1-8 and basically hold out on using the A team as long as possible to retain protection and cooldowns on them.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 11 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to add to this it has been a few months and this is still not fixed.

Message 3 of 11 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Lately, GW has become ridiculously hard to finish. I pretty much go through nodes 1-8 unscathed but 9 and 10 are so challenging that I end up with just one of my A teams. Then I get this (see pic) at node 11. I understand GW is meant to be challenging but this is not a challenge, it's just insane. I do not stand a chance. Now, if this happened once in a while, I would not say anything. However, it has been the case day in, day out. Even veterans in my guild, with a lot more fire power than me, are getting sick of this. Making GW impossible to conquer but once in a blue moon just doesn't make sense. This needs fixing yesterday!
IMG_0218.PNG
Message 4 of 11 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried this. I run into nodes, usually the 12th, but sometimes the 10th or 11th, which wipe out my top 3 teams with barely an opportunity to have a turn. I put in a * team, watch it burn in 1 or 2 turns from the opponent, put in a team I think I might be able to take out one toon, then watch that one die horribly before I can respond, then the same happens to my A team. Maybe I take out one character with Wiggs....maybe.  This is not a challenge, it's a massacre.

Message 5 of 11 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi there

So... In my experience tunig has gotten worse not better over the last month or so. I have no CLS and no Gear 12 toons whatsoever.

I haven't had a node 12 I can complete in months because they're full of 6 gold meta teams (7* GK, CLS, Thrawn, Nihilus, Raid Solo etc).

Now I'm facing multiple nodes of Gold CLS just ti try and get there. When exactly are you going to try and fix the tuning?
Heroes_2017-10-27-07-02-04.png
Heroes_2017-10-27-07-19-43.png
Message 6 of 11 (770 Views)

★ Apprentice

In total I completed GW 43 times in 12 months. These days I am happy to make it to Node 11 and in general I gave up hopes to complete GW. I spent thousands of € in 12 months, made it to 1,5 Mio GP, rank 50-100 in squad arena and 1-10 in ship arena, completed all campaign mode and cantina nodes with 3 stars ... but GW has always been almost impossible to complete. It is frustrating but what else can one do?

Message 7 of 11 (755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Don't hold your breath.  They're NOT going to change the difficulty.  I've personally emailed, logged, reported GW to EA so many times that I've literally lost count.  This is going back at least a year.  I've even been told (as has my Guild leader) that it's designed the way it is on purpose.  They're not changing it.  

Message 8 of 11 (735 Views)

★ Apprentice
How about this ? Talk about difficulty and ridiculous.
6957B9DA-5E3B-4AC1-9CAB-83D7AE5E3EED.png
Message 9 of 11 (718 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I have over 2.1 mil GP and I have only completed one GW in last 2 + months. This is beatable if I hadn't run into similar teams in node 6, 9 and 10. Wish I had made it to 12 today because that is where it gets really "fun". Just happy these days to make it through 10 or 11 nodes. Have 4 gear 12 and 6 zetas, but I am toast going against squads that have 9 or more zetas.
Screenshot_20171028-172238.png
Message 10 of 11 (703 Views)