Changing Inactive Guild Leader

by MoritasgusO

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing Inactive Guild Leader

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've been having problems with EA Help, after logging an issue regarding changing the leader of my guild due to an inactive leader (i'm an officer) I was first asked to contact EA via live chat.

This didn't work (chat wouldn't launch) so i logged another ticket, i was then asked to call EA via the hotline which i did.

First call i got placed in the queue then hung up on.

Second call i spoke to someone who then mid call... hung up on me. (note i was polite the whole time the call just went dead)

Final call after being put on hold for 5mins came back with the answer that they couldn't help me switch leader (despite the fact i've seen on here it can be done) and i was told to contact a stranger (the guild leader) who doesn't log into the game anymore (90days this time but not played in over a year) to get him to step down.

Below are the tickets:

In all honesty i'm not wasting my time and phoning the India call centre again only to be told the same (we cant help you) when this thread states you can help.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-and-Issues/Guild-Change-leader-Leader-inactive/td-p/5417037

Any advice welcome.

Message 1 of 7 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing Inactive Guild Leader

★★ Novice

@EA_Andy thanks for the replies but it seems a hopeless case, with no live chat (i tried other games too so maybe i'm somehow blacklisted?) i can't link this thread or explain to the person well enough the issue.

The guy i spoke to put me on hold and assumedly asked his supervisor/checked the current advice before telling me there was no way i could be helped at all. I even mentioned that EA reps on here had told people it was possible and he said it wasn't.

The outlook of that kind of help isn't too promising.

Thanks for your time anyway.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (920 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @MoritasgusO

This is something that can be looked into but not directly on the forums. 

Can you try contacting again via live chat or phone and speaking with someone to explain the situation so they can get this looked into?

Also just to confirm you would need to be an officer in the guild otherwise they won't be able to help. It would need to be an office who contacts us.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 2 of 7 (762 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Andy thanks for the reply, i can't seem to get live chat to work although it never did possibly because i'm in Australia not the US. It doesn't even appear anymore when i have the US selected as my region.

That really limits my options on contacting them, as i said i'm not overly keen on phoning again because i was told specifically after waiting a long time that this was something that couldn't be done even though I am an officer.

The only solution i was given was to contact the leader who happens to be a total stranger than never logs in.

I'm happy to do it via email or live chat but i don't see the point in wasting my time talking to someone in a call centre who insists they can't help me.

Message 3 of 7 (757 Views)

@MoritasgusO - What's not working on the live chat? Can you not load the page or does it endlessly load?

I've checked from here and it seems to be working for me. Try a different browser and clear cache/cookies. I'd also make sure you have no plugins blocking the way like Adblock or similar.

If that fails you would need to call us, it's not something that can be resolved via email.

Cheers,

- Andy -

Message 4 of 7 (755 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Andy it doesn't even show up as an option, doesn't matter which support issue i pick to say have trouble with for swgoh or which country i select at the top i either get just the phone information or if i pick the US or UK i get the option for a call back.

The very first time i logged a ticket i got the option to use live chat but it just opened and said initializing without ever loading any further.

The next day it was gone, with no option to even try live chat.

Message 5 of 7 (753 Views)

@MoritasgusO - The options do change depending on the issue and are aimed to get the issue fixed as quickly as possible.

It looks like you would need to call in this particular case.

- Andy -

Message 6 of 7 (749 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Andy thanks for the replies but it seems a hopeless case, with no live chat (i tried other games too so maybe i'm somehow blacklisted?) i can't link this thread or explain to the person well enough the issue.

The guy i spoke to put me on hold and assumedly asked his supervisor/checked the current advice before telling me there was no way i could be helped at all. I even mentioned that EA reps on here had told people it was possible and he said it wasn't.

The outlook of that kind of help isn't too promising.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Message 7 of 7 (921 Views)