The Simpsins tapped out I will quit

by louiedepesto

Original Post

The Simpsins tapped out I will quit

★ Newbie
I have accidentally while scrolling hit a purchase of something I don't want.
It's up on the screen waiting for my ok.
It will not go away even after i quit the game.
I will never hit ok. So you take it down or give me 50 dounut.
I purchased or I have bought my last donut and EA game.
Message 1 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: The Simpsins tapped out I will quit

★★★ Guide

There has been a "Confirm Donut Spending" option on the game for some time! That'll pop up a warning menu whenever you are abut to buy something with donuts.

Just go to any game menu (for example, the inventory menu or any of the store menus) and tap on the "i" in the upper right of the menu window. This will take you to the game Options menu, and one of the optiions there is to turn  "Confirm Donut Spending" on or off. Make sure it is checked to turn it on.

Unfortunately, since this is user error, not game error, there not a very good chance of you getting any sort of refund.

You can at least try to contact EA directly through an EA Game Advisor to see if you can get a refund

It takes a few clicks to get to the email form- there's no direct link to it, and trying to create a hyperlink here just redirects to the Help Center homepage- I think it's to prevent spam.

That said, I'll give you some precise directions as to how to get to the email form.

1. Load up the page you were given: https://help.ea.com/

2. At the right side of the page, in the window labelled "Get Help" , where it says "Are you having trouble?
Tell us how we can help" click on the link labelled "Contact Us".

3. At the new window, type in your issue- anything will do- and hit Enter or click "Find Solutions".

4. You'll be directed to a pages that says "We Need a LIttle More Information". Use the dropdowns here and choose your product (game- Tapped Out), uissue type, and platform (Android). Then hit "Find Solutions".

5. The FAQs that will pop up probably won't help you much, so go ahead and click the button labelled "I Still Need Help" at the lower right.

6. Voila. You are now on the Contact EA page. Most likely the only option you'll see is the "Email Me" choice, which will direct you to the email form to contact an EA Game Advisor. A few of the issue options will give you the choice to initiate a live chat, but billing issues don't. Fill out the form and wait for a reply!

Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)