Charged for character I did not buy (Funzo)

by fxckcharlie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Charged for character I did not buy (Funzo)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I was playing my game earlier and it started to glitch out quite a bit and freeze while I was browsing in-store, Once it stopped freezing it came up on my screen that I had bought Funzo for (I think) 70 doughnuts. This character is useless to me and I am quite gutted as I was saving my doughnuts up to purchase something specific. I was wondering if there was any way that I could be refunded my doughnuts in return of the character being removed from my town? Thankyou, 

Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Charged for character I did not buy (Funzo)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You'd have to ask the EA technical team to see if they'll refund it. Make sure to tell them the game was glitching.

Have you got Confirm Donut Spend turned to on in your game?

How to contact EA technical support: 

* Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
* Choose your country from the menu that will be located on either the top-left or top-right of the screen depending on your browser settings. If your country isn't listed, choose a country whose language you are fluent in
* Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
* Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
* If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
* Select your appropriate platform
* The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
* On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
* Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
* Depending on the time of day, your location and the nature of your problem you will then have a range of options to contact EA. These could include links to support articles relevant to your problem, a callback from EA; a live chat with an agent, or the ability to email EA Support.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (148 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You'd have to ask the EA technical team to see if they'll refund it. Make sure to tell them the game was glitching.

Have you got Confirm Donut Spend turned to on in your game?

How to contact EA technical support: 

* Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
* Choose your country from the menu that will be located on either the top-left or top-right of the screen depending on your browser settings. If your country isn't listed, choose a country whose language you are fluent in
* Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
* Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
* If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
* Select your appropriate platform
* The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
* On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
* Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
* Depending on the time of day, your location and the nature of your problem you will then have a range of options to contact EA. These could include links to support articles relevant to your problem, a callback from EA; a live chat with an agent, or the ability to email EA Support.

Message 2 of 4 (149 Views)

@fxckcharlie hope the information that SurlyCodger posted was helpful. Good luck. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cheers, thanks guys. I did go through this, trying to find contact details but I couldn't seem to find anything! Thanks again 

Message 4 of 4 (130 Views)