"Destroy a Zombie Teleporter" Quest does not work in Ops

by Screion

Original Post

"Destroy a Zombie Teleporter" Quest does not work in Ops

★★★★★ Guide

I've already destroyed 4 Zombie Teleporter in Ops, and the Quest did not trigger.

Message 1 of 4 (12,303 Views)

Re: "Destroy a Zombie Teleporter" Quest does not work in Ops

★★★ Novice

I think this is only meant to be for matches of turf takeover, and not ops. I would try that, and see if it works for you.

Message 2 of 4 (12,119 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've been playing GW2 for a long time and I don't believe that the Quest has ever recognized the destruction of an Ops-based teleporter as legitimately fulfilling the requirement; it's pretty much intended for Turf Takeover teleporter destruction because Ops pretty much just hands you that victory with little resistance.

Message 3 of 4 (12,109 Views)

[ Edited ]

It only works in multiplayer, but you can do it solo.  Start an empty solo game (on crazy to maximize xp for the building and destroying), build the relevant teleporter on the first stage, then switch teams and destroy it.  Sometimes you can combine this with a multiplayer quest for something like capturing bases by continuing with the game until you've met the other quest requirements.

This one ticks me off.  If it's a star quest, then make it work in ops.  Otherwise, make it a multiplayer quest.  I don't buy the "too easy in ops" reasoning - many of these star quests are ridiculously easy to complete.

Message 4 of 4 (12,105 Views)