Turf Takeover - Stuck as either plant or zombie

by MoggyMama

Original Post

Turf Takeover - Stuck as either plant or zombie

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
It used to be, in Turf Takeover, that you toggled between being a plant or being a zombie in consecutive games (apart from the odd team rebalance where you were switched to the opposing team so stayed the same for the next game).

However, it seems like this is rarely happening any more.

For example, I've just played 6 games of Turf Takeover where EVERYONE stayed on either the plant or zombie side for EVERY game. The people on each team were the same for every game, with the result that everyone eventually dumped the game, and presumably do the same as me which is go back to their backyard, switch gardens (i.e. Plant <-> Zombie, and start a new Turf Takeover session.

You then, once you are sick of playing that side (and frequently the same gardens over and over again!) you repeat the whole irritating procedure again.

Please fix this, and bring back the zombie plant toggle!
Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: Turf Takeover - Stuck as either plant or zombie

Hero (Retired)

I've found that if the lobby is full, or even if the teams just stay balanced, the game will swap the defensive and offensive teams each new session. In the event that a bunch of people leave one team, creating an unbalanced lobby the game appears to "start over", shuffle both teams together and then randomly reassign each player until the teams are even again. Because you have a 50/50 chance of getting assigned to the same team you were just on it's not unusual for this to happen even several times in a row because you can flip a coin and keep getting Heads or Tails repeatedly.

Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, I've seen that happen several times, and understand why and don't mind.

What I'm getting irritated with is the frequency with which all the plant players stay as plants for several games (and same for zombies) without a player turnover problem.

Or maybe I have just been unfortunate in picking names to watch on both teams ! I guess I'm going to have to watch closer for a while Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've noticed the same and wondered whether it's a thing or if it is just as @realitysquared suggested.  I find that you can usually swap teams if you do it quickly when the character selection screen appears.  A few players often drop out right when the game is about to start.

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)