Garden Ops - Can't Connect

by JDevereaux87

Original Post

Garden Ops - Can't Connect

★★★ Novice

I have Plants Vs Zombies 2 Garden Warfare on Xbox One. When I first got it everything worked fine, could invite friends to my garden, play garden/zombie ops online. Now I can only play multiplayer games and solo ops. When I try and invite friends to my backyard they can't join me. Each time I look for a game on Garden/Zombie Ops it says 'Finding Match'....then 'Match Found', then it says failed to connect try again later. So I can only play Solo ops. I also go to the Globe in the backyard try and join friends and it fails, I invite them it fails. What is going on? All my other multiplayer games work and my internet connection is perfect.

Message 1 of 26 (1,228 Views)

Re: Garden Ops - Can't Connect

★★★ Novice
I have the exact same issue. Have had the game since it first came out and everything worked fine until recently.
Message 2 of 26 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's so annoying. I can't find out any answers online either I hope they fix it soon because I love the game
Message 3 of 26 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's started for me about nov/dec for a few weeks. Then it's started working again. Was fine until last week. Did not work for about 5 days. Then worked for 3-4. Then yesterday stopped again. I called ea when your it first happened in 2016. They said it had to do with my internet after 3+hrs on the phone with them doing a series of checks. I spoke with my internet provider and it's pretty much the best of the best so ea either doesn't know what's going on or doesn't want to admit to having a issue. Every other game mode and co-op on line works fine as well as all my other games. It's just co-op ops. I also found last time when I accept or a invite is a accepted the other persons game crashes but mine doesn't. Don't know if you have the same issues?
Message 4 of 26 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm exactly the same as you, I'm on super fast broadband the best you can get in the area, I have the same problem as you...when I invite people to my backyard their game crashes. I might try to get in contact with ea myself tomorrow and have a good moan, I'll let you know how I get on
Message 5 of 26 (1,178 Views)

It happens to me in whatever the current popular mode is (ops this week) and turf takeover occasionally, but I only require one or two more tries to get in.

Message 6 of 26 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
Please keep me posted. Good luck. I got no where with them. It's sucks cause it's my favourite game and favourite game mode.
Message 7 of 26 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Novice
Update from my side. I was completely signed out of ea server this morning. When I started the game all the problems were still there. I ended up doing a complete cold restart (unplug console for 2min then plug in and turn on) and everything is working fine. I can play ops and invite friends and accept invites. I wonder for how long it will work but for now I am good. Played ops for a couple of hours with no issues. Good luck hopefully it will work for you too.

Also I had done the cold restart many times during this issue but it never worked until this morning.
Message 8 of 26 (1,140 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I rarely experience connection problems, but for the last couple of days I've noticed some severe server delay for certain functions; using the XP Fish in the sewers, opening a chest, visiting the Sticker Shop, and s few other things which require the game to talk directly to the servers seem to be experiencing a really long delay before they execute.

To me this is indicative of a high server load being caused by some various reason, a server failure which is adding stress or a connection bottleneck somewhere.

I haven't experienced any problem with Ops besides the occasional long delay in joining a lobby.
Message 9 of 26 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried emailing them with no luck. I'm glad yours is up and running. I have done a complete reset on my xbox one (without deleting the games and apps). I thought that might work for me but it hasn't. I might try uninstalling the game and reinstalling later

Message 10 of 26 (1,083 Views)