Re: Game is glitchy

by realitysquared

Original Post

Game is glitchy

★★ Novice

When playing PvZ GW2 online, the character's movements are very glitchy.  The character will sometimes freeze or will glitch backwards (you will move forward and he "teleports" back a few steps).  It only happens online and is making the game unplayable.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7 (540 Views)

Hi @bos_tlje,

Sounds like some kind of network issue, probably high Ping or packet loss. Read this EA Help article about how to troubleshoot potencial network issues: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 7 (525 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I will check into this.  It just seems odd that out of the many games I have on my Xbox One, this is the only one I have this trouble with.

Message 3 of 7 (513 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bos_tlje

What you are experiencing is definitely latency issues.

I would suggest that you check at your Multiplayer Portal to see what server region you are connecting to and what Ping value is being experienced there.

Ping value will indicate how well your connection is functioning; the lower the value the smoother the game play and the higher the value the more lag, "rubberbanding" and other problems you'll experience. Generally speaking latency issues make the game unplayable, or at least incredibly frustrating, at around a Ping value 130 and only gets worse as it gets higher.

Check all of your server options at the Multiplayer Portal and make certain that you are connected to the server region where the Ping value is the lowest to have the smoothest game play possible for you.

Message 4 of 7 (508 Views)

★★ Novice

At the multiplayer portal, the lowest region ping was 49 (US East).  It still was glitching at that number.  So I'm not sure that was the issue.

Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

Lag issues are often brought up with this game.  At various times, I have experienced extreme rubber banding and other problems, though it's been pretty stable for me lately.  Of course, sometimes the problem can be on the user's end, but mostly it's the servers.  I'd say this is one of the primary complaints brought up.

Message 6 of 7 (485 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bos_tlje

A Ping of 49 isn't bad; depending on time of day and day of the week my personal Ping values fluctuate between 18 and 33 on North America East and I get consistently smooth game play.

For Multiplayer even with low Ping there can be server load issues, issues happening somewhere in the connection between you and the servers, or just a sudden increase in the load on your personal Internet connection, like if other family members start streaming video, which can cause some latency issues but if you have a decent Ping value and you are contracted for a decent connection speed through your provider those issues shouldn't be major or very common but they can still happen.

For Garden or Graveyard Ops it can be a completely different story though. Ops games are hosted on one Player's system so depending on where all the players are located in the world you could be matched with someone where you have a higher Ping value than you would in Multiplayer. In those situations the speed of the Host players Internet also plays a huge factor- I've been in some Ops games, and even in a friend's Backyard Battleground, where two Players work fine, but adding a third Player introduces latency issues and a fourth Player makes the game unplayable. Because of this if you are experiencing terrible conditions in an Ops game it's likely due to the Host and not necessarily you and there is unfortunately nothing that can be done there except to either start and Host your own Ops game or just find another one where your connection is less troublesome.

Message 7 of 7 (474 Views)