unable to kill architect

by DeadlyDamios

Original Post

Re: unable to kill architect

★★ Novice

I too had this problem, I found the solution though. After loading yet another save I figured this is a fight so I should NOT enter my Nomad/Mako car and follow on foot, this I believe is what is causing the glitch. I duplciated this twice to make sure.

__
Mencius

Message 11 of 71 (27,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this same problem but on xbox one
Message 12 of 71 (8,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem, I have the standard digital edition for PS4.

Message 13 of 71 (8,442 Views)

★★★ Novice

This can't be the solution though, not for everyone: I did everything on foot and I still got the bug where the conduit health is empty but the head still doesn't open.

Message 14 of 71 (8,345 Views)

★★ Novice

While fighting the architect he will go into various bug states. One of them includes after destroying any of the legs, the architect won't launch into the air. Two, when breaking the third leg the head constantly spams the player with attacks with no option to attack. All the player can do is reload the sequence and try again. Third, the architect simply won't die at the end of it's final life span. Just spams the player endlessly without death.

Message 15 of 71 (8,344 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep same here. Architect does not display legs to shoot  so endless battle.

Yet another game-breaking bug. Where's the patch???

Message 16 of 71 (8,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am having this issue, but I followed the thing on foot. But I never went into the Nomad. I did have Jaal and was using the widow though. So I'll switch it up and update with my results.

Message 17 of 71 (8,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
After at least ten attempts at this fight I have now completed it I approached the last seismic hammer on foot and remained on foot for the whole fight and did not even look at the nomad, I did have the widow still and it worked fine, I do think it's something to do with the nomad
Message 18 of 71 (8,160 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Completed Architect on Eos, and I *was* riding Nomad meantime, so I guess it is something else.

Perhaps it is about sequence, i.e. You must damage the head hard enough / not too much between destroying its legs?

It reminds me some bugs in other games, where You are not supposed to kill someone at a given point of story, and low health triggers cutscenes, but in certain circumstances You are able to one-shot the foe, which breaks the game. Perhaps it is something similar, i.e. head damage must match the phase?

Message 19 of 71 (8,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me on Elaaden (French version). I left, went to do other quests on same planet, and came back to the architect. He was as fresh as new. This time it went very well. 

Message 20 of 71 (8,115 Views)