Re: joysticks don't work

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

joysticks don't work

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug My joystick won't work in BF1.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Plug in joystick 2) Start BF1 3) Attempt to bind joystick in game. 4) fail at getting game to recognize joystick.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) disbelief 2) frustration 3) anger 4) thoughts better left unsaid
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb

I've played almost every BF title since 1942 launched in 2002. Every BF game I've played thus far has supported joysticks out of the box.

Why doesn't BF1 support joysticks? What's the plan here? Will joysticks be supported in the next few weeks, or is this something we can't expect until you guys get around to it in a patch 2 years down road?

I can't believe BF1 doesn't support joysticks. Any reasonable person familiar with the BF franchise would assume that BF1 would support joysticks.

Can I get a full refund if joysticks won't be supported?

Message 1 of 25 (6,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Joystick support is not yet implemented in-game but this is currently being worked on.

While we do not have a date that Joystick support will be available, it is definitely in the pipeline.

*marked as solution for player visibility

barry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 25 (8,195 Views)

All Replies

Re : joysticks don't work

★★ Novice

Yeah +1

I want to driving my planes with my Thrustmaster T16000M Joystick like in BF1942/BF3/BF4 !!

Message 2 of 25 (6,947 Views)

Re : joysticks don't work

★★★ Novice

Same with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Message 3 of 25 (6,915 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here...totally bummed. I might just get a refund if there is no joystick plans. 

"Great game guarantee" and all...

Message 4 of 25 (6,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, i play BF since BF1942, and i use my joystick for everything: Moving my soldier on foot, driving vehicules, flying airplane , choppers etc. Now it wont work, i am very frustrated by this. What is this? Half of a product for a full price? I want a refund , plain and simple. 

Message 5 of 25 (6,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Joystick support is not yet implemented in-game but this is currently being worked on.

While we do not have a date that Joystick support will be available, it is definitely in the pipeline.

*marked as solution for player visibility

barry.png
Message 6 of 25 (8,196 Views)

★ Novice

Same with Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick. 

Accompanies me since BF1942 and I wann keep using it for flying planes and no crappy Gamepad.

Message 7 of 25 (6,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

How do you have bindings for joysticks listed but then not support joysticks??

Message 8 of 25 (6,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

May I ask why the joysticks were not enabled on release day when you took our money ?

Surely, having working joysticks is an integral part of a PC game that has WW1 biplanes in it ?

You dissapoint me because you consistently let us down with this same joystick issue on every battlefield PC release now.

When will you serve the platform that made you guys the success you are today, properly. ?

We are talking over £100 game none of us can fly properly here and you tell us "it's being worked on"

That simply is not good enough frankly, in fact it's bs.

refund for me as well until it's fixed and in game 

Message 9 of 25 (6,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

....yeah, you can`t put out a game on PC without proper controller(joystick included !!!) support... i`m going to opt for a refund too,,this was a big issue in beta ,,looks like DICE  and EA don`t really give a ....

Message 10 of 25 (6,772 Views)