[WORKAROUND] [V] Vampire Toddlers Plan Outfit locks game

by luthienrising

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [V] Vampire Toddlers Plan Outfit locks game

[ Edited ]

Plan Outfits on a dresser is broken for me for a Vampire Toddler born in-game in a GTW hospital. Only the Toddler, not the rest of the UI, appears in CAS. I had to use Task Manager to get out of the game. Other entrypoints into CAS work, and I had no problem with non-Vampire Toddlers or with Vampire Toddlers not born in hospital.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 1 of 37 (2,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes whenever I edit a Sim on a specific lot

Community Manager (retired)

I believe the issue is that if you have a vampire couple Try for Baby while they're both in their Dark Form, the baby that's born will have a Dark Form. Or the toddler will. And if you try to Plan Outfits with that toddler, it tries to show you them in their Dark Form (which they're not supposed to have yet) and the entire UI breaks. 

Until we fix this, the only workaround I can think of is to remove the Vampire trait from the affected toddler. The cheat to do that is: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 33 of 37 (1,882 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vampire Toddlers Plan Outfit locks game

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can duplicate this on the save you sent me.

Going to try my own.

I think my twins weren't born in the hospital

EDIT: I had no problems at all. Plan outfit works fine for my vampire hospital born toddler Frown

So, at loss

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (2,210 Views)

2/2/17 Patch - (Vampire?) Toddlers and CAS

★★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I've had a recurring issue since the 2/2/17 patch regarding toddlers and CAS. When entering CAS from the live screen (for example, selecting "Plan Outfits" for a toddler from a wardrobe), CAS partially loads. No UI interfaces or menus are available, although the toddler appears and I am able to click in as if to alter different parts, and the only way to get out of it to force-close the game from the Task Manager.

I'm not sure if this is an occurrence specifically for Vampire toddlers or if it occurs with normal Human toddlers as well (I don't currently have any human toddlers in my game to test this with). I suspect the toddler in question may be Vampire, as it appears in CAS with a black cloud behind it.

All mods have been removed and it still occurs. This occurs even after moving lots.

Message 3 of 37 (2,155 Views)

Re: 2/2/17 Patch - (Vampire?) Toddlers and CAS

Hero

Hi @ForeverCamp

merged your report with existing bug report.

I was unfortunately not able to duplicate the issue.

Does it happen on a new game for you as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (2,141 Views)

★★ Novice

Also gettings this. I thought it was because my child is half Alien halfVampire! She shows as an alien on the screen but has no alien options unlocked.

She's also green in the CAS- but isn't outside of it?

If i enter CAS with her mother then swich to the child it then works though.

Message 5 of 37 (2,120 Views)

Hero

@GorukDaSpooky

There's technically no alien/Vampire hybrids. Did you use mods to get there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (2,116 Views)

★★ Novice

I've not. Her mother is an Alien and her father is a vampire, and while not exactly accurate, still a hybrid even if not in game!

Message 7 of 37 (2,110 Views)

Hero

Tagging @luthienrising for further feedback on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 37 (2,080 Views)

Hm. Not sure what to add except that I've not tried this on other saves yet, or hit issues with children. Other info I can add with respect to my original problem is that both parents were created in CAS, the pregnancy originated in live mode, and there had been mods used at various stages (I was testing some one by one), though the problem persisted when I took them out. It could be some corruption in the household crept in from a mod? 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 9 of 37 (2,069 Views)

Hero

No aliens involved in your case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (2,063 Views)