[WORKAROUND] Sims don't move anymore

by ilov3wei

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Sims don't move anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

MY sims suddenly not moving ! order them to go to sleep but the character just not moving ! and those neighbour too ! all are not moving!

Even i have to exit the game , it still stuck there cannot even exit !Still Loading non Stop ! What is happen? i was Playing the Whole Afternoon it was fine until just now !!! Character not moving but health bars and sleep bars all are dropping i keep putting order for them to go sleep but they just now MOVING!

Please HELP ! i play this game for the SEcond Day ONLY!

Message 1 of 29 (123,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I had the same problem. This is what I did:

1. Go to manage world
2. Evict current household
3. Click on the lot that you were in with your house
4. Click in move in household
5. Click the household you just evicted

And it should be fixed! Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 29 (144,396 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I had the same problem. This is what I did:

1. Go to manage world
2. Evict current household
3. Click on the lot that you were in with your house
4. Click in move in household
5. Click the household you just evicted

And it should be fixed! Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 29 (144,397 Views)

Re: Sims don't move anymore

Hero

@ilov3wei Changed the title of this thread to reflect your issue and added

See above for suggestion on how to solve.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 29 (123,248 Views)

★★ Novice

I did this but instead of my Sims appearing outside the property (as usually happens) they were still in the same 'frozen' positions as before I evicted them.

I had to force quit (it just hangs every time on exit) and then  tried to move the family to a completely new property. They appeared outside this new property but I can't get them to perform any actions at all. Their needs still decay though.

Arghhh!

Message 4 of 29 (123,240 Views)

Sims 4 stuck performing action then hangs on exit

★★ Novice

While playing all of the Sims in my household suddenly got 'frozen' performing their actions. They still look as though they are doing each action (peeing, cooking, watching TV etc) but they never progress, I can't cancel the action (it just stays in the panel with a X over it but never disappears) or load a new action after it. All of the Sims needs are still decaying though.

I used testingcheats to Reset Object (Debug) on each of my Sims which did get them to stop doing their original action but they still won't do any other actions I load up, they just stand around where they are. When I look outside of my household it seems any Sims in the area are also stuck - there are a load of them stood on one side of the brige as though waiting to cross!

I can't exit or save and exit as it just hangs on the exit screen forever. I forced it off and started again.

I tried to evict the family and move them back in but instead of appearing in front of the property (as usually should happen) all the Sims are back in the house and stuck doing their original action.

I then tried to evict them and move them to a new property, this time they did appear outside the new house but they still won't perform any actions I set (they just stand looking bored) and their needs are still decaying!

Arghhh!

Message 5 of 29 (123,246 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stuck performing action then hangs on exit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this problem too, but in a slightly different variation.  When I do resetsim, it makes them stand there with their arms stretched out to their sides.  But I am able to exit the game properly though.  This is happening so much, and so early in game play now I can barely play anymore.  Here's what they look like.

Also, mine are stuck as in they can't do anything else, but they are not frozen.  It's like they are in the Twilight Zone or something.  If they are eating or washing hands, then they are stuck eating and washing hands forever.  Their needs are also stuck.  So, although the sim is washing hands, the hygience need never increases.

Message 6 of 29 (123,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Also try this cheat: sims.hard_reset (not sure how it's used though)

@bethanface merged your second report in here too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (123,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hard reset doesn't do nothing. When the sims stops to move ALL THE SIMS (controlled ones and not controlled ones) stop moving.

To move the sims to another place through the map works... but the bug repeats... from time to time. Last time my Sim was on the batthub and the other sim was on the comptuer.

And crinrict

Message 8 of 29 (123,173 Views)

Hero

Threads with workarounds are marked as solved so people can try that to get rid of the bug. You can click on the first post to be taken to the workaround.

If something has identified to be not a bug or is fixed by the devs (cause MOST things in here are just workarounds and not real solutions), I will either cross it out on the list or add a fixed tag. 

Workarounds ARE still solutions cause they help with the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (123,153 Views)

How to solve this problem (workaround)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue, suddenly every sim around stopped doing things and get stuck with their current task which was not cancelable.

Tried evicting etc - didn't work, also loading-screen-forever.

Solution:

Open the blocked household - PAUSE THE GAME

Press Shift+Ctrl+C

Enter "sims.hard_reset"

still in PAUSE, SAVE and EXIT -> for me this resulted again in forever-loading-screen

when you start the game again, everything is running like normal.

this cost me about 20 task manager kills - sorry guys, you have some serious problem with your asyncronous AI loop - I guess, you are aware of it, bust rushed the release - be prepared for shitstorm ;-)

Message 10 of 29 (123,000 Views)