[WORKAROUND] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

by LadyRenira

Original Post

Re: [RE-OPENED] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Adding my "me, too" as well. Mine had resolved itself for awhile but seems to have resurfaced after City Living. Brand new Sim (created yesterday) living in San Myshuno. I don't normally eat the fruitcake but my niece was playing and she ate some. My Sim fixed and ate an excellent quality gourmet fruitcake but she still finds all food to be poor quality. Repairing the game didn't work either. I have no mods or cc.

Message 81 of 129 (737 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 129 (728 Views)

★ Guide

Looks like City Living, or recent patches after it, reintroduced the fruit cake bug indeed. A brand new sim, made for playing in apartments added by City Living, made a huge mistake of not ignoring the welcome wagon Standard smile

Fortunately, eating fruit cakes again and again eventually fixed it for me - even though it took 3 whole cakes before the bug disappeared.

Message 83 of 129 (699 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone could share a save file with me where this issue is occurring it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 84 of 129 (686 Views)

Re: Sim grossed out while eating good food?

★ Novice

I too am also experiencing the grossed out while eating emotions after my sim ate Fruitcake.

I had zero knowledge about the fruitcake bug when I started playing my sims 4 game again last night. I saw that back in September 2015 there was supposed to be a fix to the issue? But obviously that didn't take hold.

My character Hex was coming home from work in the new City Life expansion apartment and someone had left Fruitcake out and he grabbed a plate and ate some before I could stop him.
Now literally everything he makes or eats, he looks disgusted with no matter the quality of the dish.

I'm not seeing negative effects from it but he has the typical, "Complain about dish" option when speaking with others while eating.

It's just kind of annoying to watch him scowl and make noises when he eats.

Message 85 of 129 (642 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

I hope this works. This should be the correct file for the game that's currently glitched. If not, please let me know. 

Thank you!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b612bpp0abu7dhl/Slot_00000018.save.ver2

Message 86 of 129 (636 Views)

★★ Novice
As of Jan 2017 this is stIill happening, please fix.. and why does it only happen when she is sitting and eating ..
Message 87 of 129 (610 Views)

Hero

Have you tried eating another fruit cake ?

Did you get it on a newly created Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 129 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, so apparently this is a looong time happening, and I think most people knew about it. I did not. Long story short, I came across a post which addresses a fix, which I could not find here ...

Make another fruitcake, but the gourmet one, not the one with the baking skill. Have your sim eat it. They will not like it and it may take a few pieces, but have another plate of food nearby and test to see if it's worked. It took my sim 2 pieces, but they now FINALLY love food again !!! 

Here's where I found it 

http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/845414/sim-hates-all-food

Message 89 of 129 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

found it thank you Standard smile 

Message 90 of 129 (578 Views)