[WORKAROUND] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

by LadyRenira

Original Post

Re: [RE-OPENED] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

Hero

Was this a newly created Sim that was affected by the issue for you ?

@Ruffgal

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 129 (1,088 Views)

★★ Novice
No it had been an original sim. But I made her eat a * ton of gourmet fruit cake and it indeed fixed the problem, now I'm trying to find a work around for the not being able to marry bug since the butler pack >.<
Message 92 of 129 (1,081 Views)

Hero

I think removing the relationship via cheat and then add back solves that issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 129 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I too am also experiencing the grossed out while eating emotions. It happens with two of my Sims that I have from the very first begining 2014. (Aging off) I haven't played with them for a looong time and just recently I started playing with them again and those two - a married couple - have this. I remember when I first started with Sims 4 that they eat fruitcake from the welcoming visitors, but I thought the reaction was normal because of low quality food. Now that I know how the game works etc. I thought to check on the couple and skill them all up Wink

All Skills at 10, veggies and fruits are all to perfect and they even have the green gardening thumb and chef cook, but they still have this grossed emotion on their own cooked food and of cpurse on other in restaurants.

Searching the net for this, I found this thread and read about the fruitcake glitch. NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE Standard smile I have all the Sims 4 games and Vampire. I will try to cook a gourmet fruitcake now as a possible solution? and let my sims eat it and see if this really helps - will post results soon...

ETA: Well, so far it looks like this worked. I cooked  a gourmet fruitcake and let both eat the whole plate. They still had the gross reaction while eating the cake and even got the "feeling bad" emotion, because of eating the fruitcake. Feeding them with other food now seems to be fine. No more gross reactions (for now).

Message 94 of 129 (1,058 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

It sounds like everyone still afflicted by this issue have Sims/saves that pre-date the original fix, correct? 

If this issue is happening on a new save/Sim for you, please let me know!

And if you have an older Sim affected by this issue, please try the workaround of eating fruitcake again. And please let me know if that isn't working! Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 95 of 129 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have a newly created sim with this issue.

Yes, I have mods but no I haven't taken them out or repaired my game because I've done that 3 times in the last week for other bugs/glitches that I've encountered. This is the first time I've seen this one in a while, just poked my head in to see if anyone else has had a resurgence. I'm going to feed her another fruitcake to see if it fixes it, but I thought I would mention that my newest sim is afflicted with fruitcake-induced food hate.

Edit: Finally made her eat more fruitcake & it worked like a charm. Thumbs up

Message 96 of 129 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
I have a game created lady butler who also has this. She don't like her own cooked food. A Butler??? There is no way to direct her to eat fruitcake and I doubt that it would help in her case. This bug is very annoying.
Message 97 of 129 (976 Views)

Hero

Tagging @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 129 (969 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@LuvMySimz Could you possibly share your save file where the butler is afflicted with this issue? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 99 of 129 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Hello

Meanwhile I have turned the bultler into a Vampire and she is a Vampire Butler now Standard smile And yes, she did have this issue already before she got turned. Next time if I see another Butler with this issue I will send you my save file. Thank you.
Message 100 of 129 (935 Views)