Variablenames with hashtags in Find Game Menu.

by MarkieDSade

Original Post

Variablenames with hashtags in Find Game Menu.

★ Novice

In the Find Game menu where the game mode is selected all kind of variablenames are shown instead of titles. Also descriptions are not displayed but variablenames for these descriptions. Like for instance #PL_Variety_Pack as a title and #PL_Variety_Pack_Desc instead of a real description.

The latest patch (11-30-16) did not fix this.

I play on PS4.

Message 1 of 5 (655 Views)

Re: Variablenames with hashtags in Find Game Menu.

Community Manager

@MarkieDSade Huh, I've seen this on PC on various games, but not on consoles. It's usually a language issue, the game doesn't know what language to display a button as, then defaults to the internal name. 

Can you try changing your system language/region and see if this has an effect?

It's probably not a factor but you can also try restarting your system from the power menu, if you haven't done so recently. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (647 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

@MarkieDSade Huh, I've seen this on PC on various games, but not on consoles. It's usually a language issue, the game doesn't know what language to display a button as, then defaults to the internal name. 

Can you try changing your system language/region and see if this has an effect?

It's probably not a factor but you can also try restarting your system from the power menu, if you haven't done so recently. 

Thanks. 

Yep, that's it. When i change the system lanuguage from Dutch (Nederlands) to English (US) the problem is gone. But this should not be a problem in the software. This should function properly, no matter what system language setting i choose. I don't mean it should display everything in Dutch, but it should be clear English titles and descriptions, not variable names.

FYI: When i change back to Dutch the problem is back.

Could you relay this to the developer so it gets fixed? Thank you for your trouble.

Message 3 of 5 (641 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info. I'll try to test this with other language settings too, I'll see if other regional settings are affected too. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh got it in Danish too..
Message 5 of 5 (591 Views)