Re: Unable to Punch or Kick in any Game Mode Help Please!!

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Unable to punch and kick - any game mode XBOX 1

★★★ Newbie
While playing UFC 2 I am unable to throw any punches or kicks in any game mode. When I first start each match I can use every other action like grapple, dodge, clinch. But when it comes to throwing a punch or kick it's like the game doesn't recognise me pressing the X/Y or the A/B buttons. I can eventually throw and kick or two AFTER I have grappled an apponant but it only lasts for around 10-20 seconds.

Please can anyone help? Have you had a similar problem? If so, how can I fix this?
Message 1 of 12 (5,438 Views)

Re: Unable to punch and kick - any game mode XBOX 1

EA DICE Team

@danmacdo

Does the issue persist? What happens if you try another controller or reinstall the game?

Message 2 of 12 (5,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi tom, thanks for the reply.

I have reinstalled the game and tried another controller and the issue still seems to persists. The weird thing is I was playing the original UFC game with the same controller and that was working perfectly, every single button was registering. Only seems to be with UFC 2.
Message 3 of 12 (5,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am so having this issue. I have reinstalled the game, updated my controllers, and everything. How do I fix this??? It's making the game unenjoyable and frustrating
Message 4 of 12 (5,313 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Theadun12 wrote:
I am so having this issue. I have reinstalled the game, updated my controllers, and everything. How do I fix this??? It's making the game unenjoyable and frustrating

Offline as well as online? What are your connection speeds and how you have your internet set up for your XB1? Input delay usually happens more online. 

I know this sounds goofy, but is your XB1 actually plugged into a wall outlet? If it is plugged into a surge protector, the system can't access its full power. This is why the dashboard would be slower sometimes. Microsoft actually says to plug it directly into an outlet.  The brick is actually a surge protector. 

Message 5 of 12 (5,300 Views)

Unable to throw punches or kicks. Xbox One.

★★★ Newbie

I have re-started my console, reinstalled UFC 2, bought a new disc and even changed controllers. The punch and kicks just aren't working. I can dodge, grapple and do submissions but I just can't kick or punch. It is online and offline.

Message 6 of 12 (5,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need help with this as well. Same problem and I've done all the things to try and fix it. My plug is directly into an outlet as well.

Message 7 of 12 (5,253 Views)

Unable to Punch or Kick in any Game Mode Help Please!!

★★★ Newbie

I recently installed UFC 2 and have yet to be able to throw a punch or kick without being in a grapple. I have tried a different controller and uninstalling/reinstalling the game and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else been having this problem?? The game is pretty much unplayable with this problem persisting. 

Message 8 of 12 (5,116 Views)

Community Manager

@ShadyDreamSZN@awesomeswag789

Can you both try just pressing down on either analog stick (press like a button, not down towards yourself). This may correct the problem in the short term.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Hitting-buttons-not-working/m-p/5487938#M1475

Additionally, you may want to update your controller(s):

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

barry.png
Message 9 of 12 (5,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just bought the game today and the same problems are happening to me. i will be returning the game tomorrow. How could this not be fixed by now?

Message 10 of 12 (4,078 Views)