by RangerKimmy

Original Post

Unable to Give Medicine from "Herbal Entrepreneurs" to Doctor

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I received the herbal sample from the two high dudes on Kadara but I am unable to give it to the doctor.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. N/A
What company provides your internet service? Comcast
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to the high duo on Andromeda.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

I spoke to the two men on Kadara who are high on a drug and one of them offered me a plant sample. I also was able to scan their plants in the room. When this happened, Task: Emergency S.O.S. was completed. At the same time, Task: Herbal Entrepreneurs was put in my Completed Missions folder without my having seen anything about it. The task, when selected, shows absolutely no information or details in the window like other quests do. It also still has an exclamation mark by it despite being in Completed Missions and being selected. I believe this quest was supposed to lead me to giving the plant sample to the refugee doctor in the Kadara badlands who has a sick patient (Ryder says so upon receiving the sample), but when I speak to him, nothing triggers. As such, Task: Herbal Entrepreneurs is bugged and so is whatever quest was supposed to have me hand that sample over to the refugee doctor. I don't know if it is fixable; I picked up that sample over a day ago and I am certainly not about to reload a save for weed.

Message 1 of 75 (33,059 Views)

Re: Unable to Give Medicine from "Herbal Entrepreneurs" to Doctor

★★★★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox One.

Message 2 of 75 (32,639 Views)

★★★ Novice

And on PC.

Message 3 of 75 (32,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yup. I felt all smart going back to the guy with little quest guidance just to have the doctor keep telling me to come back when I found medicine. I even went to the doctor in the slums I helped to steal back his drug recipe in hopes maybe I just needed him to research or produce the space weed into medicine. Nothing works, just one of a hundred bugs. I keep having to reload games to get consoles and conversations to work among other things.
Message 4 of 75 (32,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

On the Xbox One, same exact problem. I also went back and forth between the two places, I could talk to the turian but he repeated the same thing over and over. I can't talk to the "entrepreneurs" at all after the SOS conversation.

Message 5 of 75 (32,049 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm this bug exists and is reproducible 100% of the time. 

Message 6 of 75 (31,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yet another bug that has truly ruined this version of a game franchise that I have spent a decade playing. EA at its finest.... rush a game out for launch day to keep the shareholders happy and we'll patch it up at a later date!?! You wouldn't buy an unfinished painting so why do we buy have unfinished products? And worst still if you don't have an internet connection your game will never be fixed! I don't know how they get away with it or are trading standards in EA's pocket as they don't seem to be involved. I really hope all the game testers have lost all their jobs as this game is broken and should never have been released this way. I didn't care that the voice acting is cheesy or the facial animations are laughable this is part of the mass effect game we all no and love. But broken quests, quest glitches, finished quest glitches, getting random guns and armour early which makes crafting quests unfinished? It's sad to say I'm starting to loose faith in one of my favourite game franchises and Bioware...I dread to think what mess the next Dragon Age will be like. 

Message 7 of 75 (30,989 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  The tell tale sign is the completed mission forever has the exclamation ! as unread.  This prevents you from doing Task: Running a Fever which was never in my log.

Message 8 of 75 (30,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, on PC.

Message 9 of 75 (30,874 Views)

★ Guide

Same, also on PC - so relieved to see it isn't just me! (And so, SOOOO disappointed by how buggy this game is turning out to be.)

Some sort of response would be nice, EA.

Message 10 of 75 (30,526 Views)