Re: Perishable items like food, potions, books disappear when switching househol

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Perishable items like food, potions, books disappear when switching househol

★★ Novice
Umm I'd say about a week as well. Not too long. It was when my main household's teen came over and plopped his homework on the active household's lot that I decided to pop back over to see what would happen. Sure enough all items had vanished and when I came over to grab the homework, I could see it on the lot until I loaded it, at which point it too vanished.
Message 11 of 25 (2,060 Views)

Hero

Do you have this happening on a fresh save game as well ? Just for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (2,041 Views)

Re: Void Critter's cards disappearing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ceunon20 and @Vertelan

I've merged your threads as they seem similar.

Also added

Tagging @SimGuruNick for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (2,024 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I spend three or two days in another household for the Void Critter's cards vanish from my Sim's inventories. 

The others items  like books or food are fine to me! 

Message 14 of 25 (2,013 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still see this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 25 (1,902 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, the problem is still there and affects any unattended but played households 

What will be gone if you didn't play the other household for a while:

• Cowplant Essense
  • Any aspiration point potions (Potion of Youth, Moodlet Solver and so on)
  • Ambrosia
  • Serums (disappear later)

It will not happen if you leave the items on the retail lot that belongs to that family. Basically looks like Sims just eat anything edible, even if items are placed in the room behind completely locked for everybody  door. 

Message 16 of 25 (1,871 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @spilornis-al

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 17 of 25 (1,858 Views)

★ Novice

I have checked the saves - the specific one that would help you unfortunately gone - I clean them up from time to time but hopefully, that will help:

Steps to reproduce:

I use long  lifespan:

Create 2 households. Play a little with the first one

Create a storage room (in the first household) and  put on counters all of the preciousStandard smile  items described above (ambrosia, cow plant essence, aspiration potions) 

Switch to another household.

Play approximately 30 - 40 game days with another one.

Come back to the previous household - everything will be gone except crystals and metals. Any consumable will disappear

The problem is noticed from 1.26 up to now and should be 100% reproducible. Key component of the game - presence of "Get To Work" (that is why to store all this stuff, so it can be cloned) and "Get Together"

Sorry about the save files. I wish could be more helpful

Message 18 of 25 (1,839 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @spilornis-al

We followed your steps, but sadly we were unable to reproduce your issue. 

We have a couple questions for you though, 

Was the household actively played on a different lot from the home? 

Did the second household ever visit the first household?

Also, is anyone else experiencing this issue?.

Thank you very much!

Message 19 of 25 (1,765 Views)

★ Novice

Was the household actively played on a different lot from the home? 

You probably need to explain what do you mean. Was the second household ever away from the active lot? Yes. Like various public lots

Yes, second household visited first household. 

The issue will not be reproduced if the perishable items are in the isolated room that has no doors

Also I noticed that members of the first lot sold from time to time unique items exactly like Potions of Life and Freeze Ray on the public stands 

Message 20 of 25 (1,751 Views)