Re: Trigger Bug

by Its_Travis_199

Original Post

Trigger Bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Sometimes when I use shotguns and snipers, the gun won't shoot. I know it isn't my controller because it works 100% of the time with every other game. It will eventually shoot but not after pulling my L2 button several times and really forcefully.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Shoot a sniper or a shotgun
What happens when the bug occurs? The gun doesn't shoot for 3 or 4 button presses. Happens every time I try to shoot. Some days it's not an issue.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Can get clip later if not able to replicate.
Message 1 of 6 (706 Views)

@S7VY

Please try a different(NEW) Controller, just to make sure it's not the trigger button!

Because i had this issue in BF4 on PS4, and it was the soft thing behind the trigger button what the problem was.
It's just because Snipers and probably Shotguns need a full pressed trigger, other weaposn work a little bit different at this point!

Greets,
Travis

( Please Leave XP and accept it as Solution if it helped you) Thanks

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 6 (687 Views)

Community Manager

@S7VY Hi, I think Travis is on the right path here. Snipers and shotguns need a maximum trigger pull to fire, whereas automatics will have more sensitive triggers.

If there's an issue with the pad itself then the issue can manifest only when taking certain actions.

To give a personal anecdote I actually have a pad at home that's very slightly damaged. I only noticed the issue in one game which uses very precise movements. The main character would stutter in place at times, as inputs were being dropped for a split-second. In some other games which had more momentum I could play without ever noticing the issue. Swapping to a new pad let me play the first game without any issues. 

Thanks, 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This isn't his issue. It is something on EAs end. I have run into the same problem. It is 150% not an issue with the controller. I didn't have a problem with this until as of recently when i couldn't seem to use primary scout weapons. The gun simply wont fire unless i use the sprinting action in which case my rifle will then release my round.  

Message 4 of 6 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have to agree, I've tried new controllers and friends controllers and it happens still. The guns in Back to Basics seem to work fine despite being the same gun more or less.
Message 5 of 6 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem now.
Message 6 of 6 (567 Views)