by EA_Archi

Original Post

Texture Flickering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Texture flickering Video : https://youtu.be/ZAMWpuh9Fbw
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start a game in campaign , havent test on MP
What happens when the bug occurs? Some "part" of the texture flicker between high and low settings and seems to be displaced . Not entirely just parts of it and i have some small black lines/boxes on the ground .
What do you expect to see? no flickering/constant texture swapping

I have tried every single graphics settings. The only settings that seems to stop the flickering is low since no texture is loading.

Here's a video so that my pictures have more sense : https://youtu.be/ZAMWpuh9Fbw

I have :
i5 4690 3.5ghz
Geforce gtx 770 2g VRAM
16 Corsair Vengeance Ram 1600mhz

Running at 50-60 fps with

AA: off
Dynamic Spot Shadows: disabled
Effect detail : Medium
Impact Marks: high
Model detail: high
HBAO: off
Ragdolls: high
Res: 1920x1080

Spot Shadow detail: high
Sun shadow detail: low
Texture filtering: 16x
Texture Quality : medium

V-sync: Triple buffering
FPS target 60

Message 1 of 8 (2,033 Views)

Re: Texture Flickering

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @OnxTincT 

I am really sorry for those troubles with your game. Have you tried to use some old GPU drivers version? Was this issue in the game from the start? And have you tested this in Multiplayer? Also disabling any third-party GPU related software can be a good idea. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheer,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,020 Views)

★★ Novice

I used a geforce 690gtx when the game was released but i had some VRAM problem with most of my games on my pc.

I am using the 770gtx to test it . It did resolve my VRAM problem but those glitch came with the 770 and only on TF2.

i am using ASUS GPU tweak so ill test it without asap.

ill keep you posted.

Message 3 of 8 (2,013 Views)

Thanks for all that info @OnxTincT I will wait for this test result. Let`s hope it will resolve the issue. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (2,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Alright, @EA_Archi I did disable GPU tweak, Speedfan and also my Antivirus for the test. Nothing improved.
I also tried that new Windows 10 update with that gaming option with no improvement on texture flickering/glitching.

*edit* : i tried older driver version too , havent help.

*edit 2*: I have done a Heaven Benchmark 4.0 and found a Tessallation glitch on it . the same flickering/glitch happens ! fixed only if i disable Tessallation on Unigen Heaven
could it have a link ?

Message 5 of 8 (1,996 Views)

Hello @OnxTincT And thank you for all the additional info on this matter. This could be linked indeed. Can you give us your DxDiag file, so I can forward this all to our expert team?

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,974 Views)

★★ Novice

I have put back my Geforce 690gtx yesterday night see if it was really my 770gtx. Turns out that it was as there is no more problem on neither TF2 nor The Heavens Benchmarks

i have the dxdiag with the 690 on . do you wish to have one with the 770 too @EA_Archi ?

Message 7 of 8 (1,968 Views)

Hello @OnxTincT 

Of course! If this is not too much to ask. It might help us to get to the bottom of this. This flickering is super weird through. Big thank you, for all the info so far.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,957 Views)