by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] Missing song

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a Sim sing at the piano.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Sim is playing and singing at the piano, the voice soundtrack of the song "Hush my love" from the pop category is missing (at least on the lower levels). My Sim is on singing level 5.
What do you expect to see? To hear the singing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Test Text to avoid forum glitch

Message 1 of 7 (984 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Missing song

Hero

Hi @alanmichael1

I've tested this on my game and I get the option.

Could you try with another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (932 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Missing song

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just tried this out myself and experience the same thing - there is no singing voice track for "Hush Now My Love" on the piano.

I get the option to Sing Song on the piano and my sim plays the song and I hear the music, but she doesn't sing while playing it. It's not just a missing audio file, the sim doesn't do lip movement either - they're not singing anything at all.

Tested the comparison with another song, such as "Tomorrow, Today" and the sim plays the piano and sings with voice for that one.

I was using Cassidy Purdue and she has the "lilted" tone voice type. She's level 6 piano and level 4 singing skill. I was using the DigiRAD Keyboard.

EDIT: I just tried it again using a Tickle My Ivories Grand Piano at a community lot and it works - she actually sings using that one. She also levelled up to Singing level 5 since last time though. So perhaps it's just missing voice for particular pianos/skill levels?

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff

Message 3 of 7 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@simvasion 

Thank you for testing and confirming my bug Standard smile. The problem is that the "bad voice version" is not played together with the piano unless singing and piano skill are 5 or higher (then the "good version" is playing).

The good news is that they didn't forget to record the bad version - it's available when your Sim is singing without piano. So this glitch should be easy to fix.

Message 4 of 7 (890 Views)

Hero

I'm guessing I misunderstood the issue. I thought you didn't have the option at all.

This goes back to my to test list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (879 Views)

Hero

Although I can't duplicate, I'm going to add it but I need more info from you guys

• Please post a screenshot of your voice setting
  • Which piano are you using
  • Which level (piano and singing) are you at when it's missing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Missing song

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (786 Views)