by FdeJ

Original Post

[OPEN] Baking birthday cake at home makes it unusable on other lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, Life of the Party Digital Content, Digital Deluxe Upgrade, Up All Night Digital Content. (In other words: all of the packs)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim throw a birthday party on any other lot than their home lot (with me, it occurred at a swimming pool), bring a birthday cake with the candles added, let the sim blow out the candles, the option isn't present (for me).
What happens when the bug occurs? I host a birthday party at a location, I get out the birthday cake and put it on a table with the candles already put on top (my sims did this when they were at home), but none of my birthday sims can blow out the candles. The option isn't present at all. When they celebrate at home, they cán blow out their candles.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are celebrating their birthday are able to blow out their birthday candles when they're having a party at a different lot than their home lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried hosting a birthday party at a swimming pool. Placed a birthday cake with candles in their inventory, took it out at the pool, placed it on a table, but my sims can't use it to age up. There is no option to age up, only to age up other sims. It's about 2 male teens and a girl child so no pregnancy. I already took out mods to see if they were the problem. Same issue still occurred. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,507 Views)

Re: Sims can't use birthday cake at other location than home

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested this and I get the same issue if I do it like you described.

If I bake the cake at the location, I have no issues

Do you know if it ever was different ? Have you tried if it works if you don't add candles and only do that on the lot ? Forgot to test that one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,491 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, it used to be fine. I celebrated plenty of birthdays outside the home lot and I always let one of my sims bake the cake at home and then take it to the lot. Because not all the lots have the utilities to bake a cake.

I did try putting the candles on the cake at the location, but that didn't work either. My sims were still unable to blow out their candles.

For now, I might just do it like you said, baking the cake on the party lot. It's kinda annoying when I want to use a community lot without baking options though.
Message 3 of 14 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Novice
P.s thanks for your help and the quick response!
Message 4 of 14 (2,481 Views)

Hero

I'll add it to the list then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (2,472 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: I tried baking the cake at the location, then adding the birthday candles and then have my birthday sims blow out the candles, but they still can't do it. And what's more: I noticed the party bar/metre doesn't progress when I complete party aspirations.

Message 6 of 14 (2,439 Views)

Hero

@FdeJ wrote:

.... noticed the party bar/metre doesn't progress when I complete party aspirations.

Generally or just for birthday parties on different lots ? Or just related to the cake ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,433 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't know about other types of parties, in this case it was the birthday party at a pool lot. No party progress for completing party goals and no bring able to blow out birthday candles.
Message 8 of 14 (2,419 Views)

Hero

But you have the tasks ? Have you tried repairing the game and also deleted your cache files after removing the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (2,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, the tasks are there. I tried repairing, reinstalling, deleting cache files, anything I could think off. Yesterday, I sent my sim on a date, and that worked just fine. It progressed normally and I could score gold. So far, it's just the birthday parties that won't work the way they should.

Message 10 of 14 (2,399 Views)