Spring Update No Damage Bug

by ValVolsung

Original Post

Spring Update No Damage Bug

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Enemies (infantry) are not damaged by bullet fire (infantry) even when stationary (there was one case where the secondary weapon did do damage, but not before or since). I have noticed that damage can be done to a plane by shooting at it with both the primary and secondary weapon. Grenades and explosives seem to work for me, as do melee kills including the finicky bayonet charge. Tanks cannot damage other tanks, and for some tanks the weapons do not do damage to infantry (standoff assault tank's secondary machine gun, flanker light tank's shotgun). The cavalry rifle does not work, but the horse and saber remain serviceable. I haven't really noticed any problems in planes, though I typically only use the infantry support attack plane. Field guns seem to work against infantry, but not vehicles. AA guns work against planes, but I am not sure if it is the projectile, the blast, or both doing damage.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know exactly. It typically happens around half an hour in and continues until I exit to the menu. It has occurred on domination, conquest and operations. It is possible that entering a vehicle or spawning a vehicle has something to do with it, but I am not sure. I reinstalled and for a day or so enjoyed a bug free existence but after that I found a beetle and also the bug started up again
What happens when the bug occurs? Mostly anger... haha but seriously There doesn't seem to be a clear delineation when the glitch happens.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

I would like to emphasize the difference between this problem and the netcode update "ping cap" (there are frequent and unhelpful responses explaining the intentional ping cap in the update). In the case of the ping cap, the bullets visibly hit behind a moving target, because there is an obvious delay. The bullets can do damage assuming you lead the target. In the case of the no damage bug, the bullets hit the enemy (there is a bullet hit animation and the enemy spasms) but do not do damage, even in a case where there is not problem with delay, for example a stationary target. Even if there is a connection problem or ping spikes, the ability to damage enemies should go back to normal. I have experienced this problem on servers with 10 ping, 98-105 ping, and 240 ping. I suspect the bullet trade or a problem with the friendly fire mechanic is to blame.

I realize there have been several bug reports already, but they have been marked solved even though that is obviously not the case. I worried that the report would be overlooked if it was marked solved so I am making a new thread. Here is a youtube video of the bug in action: https://youtu.be/UPRtYb-7Phg

Message 1 of 13 (1,268 Views)

Re: Spring Update No Damage Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Agreed. This issue hasn't been solved. It's a shame they tell us it's the ping cap of the spring update. That is clearly not the case.

Another proof video (the target is stationary in the end of the video, but is taking no damage): https://www.dropbox.com/s/o93c79w0cr17g8a/fehler.mp4

Message 2 of 13 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll paste what I shared in another "solved" thread here:

My ping stays between 42 and 55 ms and I have the same problem.

I would even shoot point blank at a stationnary target having their back turned towards me, the soldier would react to the bullets (flinch, blood splatter, etc.) but no hitmarker or damage would occur. In those situations I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to lead a (non moving) target.

This affects non explosive projectiles from guns but also gunner seats, etc. Explosives are unaffected.

Once this bugs appears it stays active for as long as you stay on the server. Only when quitting the round and logging back on the server are your projectiles registering again... Until the bug occurs again.

I hope the following video can illustrate what we are talking about:

https://youtu.be/7az5WI9EVYY

Message 3 of 13 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For me it is the same, I can not hit enemies with weapons, but grenades and explosives kill enemies, like killing melee. This is a big problem and it is not temporary, for the rest of the game it remains. I have a normal Ping.
It's impossible to play this game in this way.

It is important problem and needs to be solved.

Please do not ignore this for a long time yet.

Message 4 of 13 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hello @ValVolsung,
this is an problem with the Netcode and the region. DICE already patched it in the May Patch. So go and install the lastest update and try it for now! Should work now perfect...

If you have any more questions, go ahead!

@itsmek0k0__
Message 5 of 13 (1,119 Views)

@ValVolsung

The Team knew there was some Netcode issues since the last Patch.

Today they released the new "May" Update, and with it....some fixes/changes on this Netcode problems.
Make sure you installed the "May" Update and check it out then.

Greets,
Travis

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 13 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi my GT is FatalTitanX this is my second id , i played bf1 for a very long time and now after Sp update i can't shoot anyone , now many people think its due to high ping but before patch i was able to ACE every round with almost 0 miss , now its 30/5/2017 i have just tested the May update and found it useless , they lowered the penalty for regions out oF Eu and USA , i live in Pakistan and this region's opt cable is connected to Eu region , i get 180 avg ping on all Eu servers and other regions show me very high latency of 500+ which is not good , we ( speaking of my country gamers ) can tolerate any ping upto 300ms provided we don't get this crappy messed up netcode , so here's the thing
1: due to penalty i cant hit a single player even if he is in prone position
2: due to region i can't play on other servers such as Jap NA SA Ru etc
3:it was amazing game before they patched it
4Tongue outlease delete this penalty let everyone play , as ping of 180~220 feels same as ping of 50~80 there is no difference we are human too we paid too after playing beta which showed no ping penalty aka late or no bullet register at all
5:i know you may have launched servers near our regions , yes you did but i can't see any player there because not too many players play on that * server where Jitter goes like 999 and ping remains same due to low level server
Please Repatch or refund

Message 7 of 13 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Its_Travis_199 I checked it out and it remains, along with some new (mostly cosmetic) bugs. I experienced the bug twice in two hours, playing on conquest at <100 ping. I was also hopeful for this to be fixed in the update, and I hoped that was what they meant by 

• Fixed server side hit registration interpolation

in the patch notes. Alas it is not fixed yet. Thank you though.

@itsmek0k0__ I think maybe you mean them raising the ping cap based on the region. Unfortunately, this patch did not fix the bug, at least for me, though I would like updates from other people who suffer from it. 

@ComGameBoss I feel your pain, but it is not the same bug; In fact what you are experiencing is not a bug. What they did was basically update the netcode to penalize (mot exactly the right word) higher pings than 100ms, so you are required to lead your shots by a certain amount to register a hit. The May update should alleviate this somewhat, as they raised the cap for regions outside of the US and Europe to 200ms, and above the cap standardized the amount you are required to lead based on your ping. Basically, if you are below 200 now you should be fine. (if you cannot hit infantry and you can hit planes without leading then you have this bug)

Message 8 of 13 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I gonna sent the details to an DICE Employ! Need some infomation for that...

- Ping while playing
- Region

Thanks,
@itsmek0k0__
Message 9 of 13 (1,071 Views)

★ Apprentice
@itsmek0k0_ I typically play on US East servers (<20ms ping, 14ms seems about average) and European servers (between 90ms and 100ms). I live in Virginia (East coast) and I have experienced this bug on both of these regions (including after this mods recent patch).
Message 10 of 13 (1,049 Views)