Soldier Customization Menu FPS Issue - PC

by ShinyBuddha

Original Post

Soldier Customization Menu FPS Issue - PC

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Frame rate drop while customizing soldier
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch Battlefield 1, click Soldier, select customize. Issue only persists when solider model is on screen. If selecting options for specific guns, frame rate returns to normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Framerate drops from 120fps to 8-10fps.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX980
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/74475/bug-soldier-customization-fps?

I'm writing to report a bug on the solider customization screen. Frame rate drops from 100+fps to 8-10fps. This only occurs while the solider model is displayed on screen. If you enter into the sub-menu to modify specific weapons,  frame rates return to normal.

Message 1 of 6 (999 Views)

Re: Soldier Customization Menu FPS Issue - PC

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ShinyBuddha 

And thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your GPU drivers are up to date? The drop in FPS is present only in the Soldier Customization menu? Changing graphic settings in game resolves this? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 6 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @ShinyBuddha 

And thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your GPU drivers are up to date? The drop in FPS is present only in the Soldier Customization menu? Changing graphic settings in game resolves this? 

Cheers,

Archi

Your GPU drivers are up to date?

Yes, currently running Driver Version: 376.33

The drop in FPS is present only in the Soldier Customization menu?

Correct. However, sub-menus such as changing weapon options, returns framerate to normal. When returning from sub-menu to Soldier Customization menu, framerate drops again.

Changing graphic settings in game resolves this?

Have not tried this. However, with performance being consistent across all other menus and within the game, I don't believe this would cause the issue. Graphical settings currently set to Ultra.

Message 3 of 6 (968 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @ShinyBuddha for additional information on this. Can you please gather and add DxDiag for us?  

Archi.png
Message 4 of 6 (951 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I've changed GFX options, latest drivers, you name it whenever I swap to customization screen...game just dies.

Message 5 of 6 (675 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Failscalator Sorry to hear about the issues you are having, could you upload a dxdiag to us so we can see what drivers and hardware you are using. 

How to do a dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (655 Views)