Re: Social Media Option Gone

by samsam713

Original Post

Social Media Option Gone

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs and expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on computer
What happens when the bug occurs? No interaction pops up for Social Media
What do you expect to see? An interaction for social media somewhere
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest update I can not seem to find it.

When I go to start a social media page for my sim the interaction no longer is there. It seemed to have gone missing when the newest update happened. I have some custom content but tried a brand new save after removing the mods folder and it still was not an option available on his computer. I haven't downloaded any new custom content in around 2 weeks and it seems to have disappeared a while after that so I don't believe it is any bad content. Not sure what to do. Made a sim to play the social media career and not having a social media option obviously makes that a little difficult hahaha

Please help

Message 1 of 8 (6,498 Views)

Hero

Hi @Reilly182

have you tried repairing your game yet and also deleted the cache files after removing your mods ?

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (6,477 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi,

Did you try to remove the computer and buy another one ?

Sometimes the game remembers the state of an object, to create a new one may solve the issue.

Message 3 of 8 (6,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started a completely new game and bought the sim 2 different computers and it still was not there. 

Message 4 of 8 (6,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I just did that and checked and it is still not there. I've now tried it with and without my CC and it still is not working. Also tried repairing it again and still nothing. Super weird right? It just disappeared one day!

Message 5 of 8 (6,459 Views)

Hero

That is rather strange.

Did you reset the user folder and tried a new save that way ?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (6,451 Views)

★★ Guide

Greetings @Reilly182,

It is to my knowledge that to access the social media function on the computer, sims must either are in the social media career path (which came along with CL) or have charisma skill level level 5 or above. Maybe you should check whether your sim falls into any of these two scope.

Good day!

Message 7 of 8 (6,441 Views)

Hero

Hi @Reilly182

You are in the career, right ? You should have an option called Social Networking if you are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (6,396 Views)