Revived Without Y Axis Mouse Movement

by TrIggA64

Original Post

Revived Without Y Axis Mouse Movement

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Very rarely (but often enough for it to be annoying), I'll be revived and be stuck with only x-axis mouse movement, so I can't look up or down at all for the remainder of that life. It's happened a few times in the past few weeks, and when I asked in a server if it ever happened to anyone, a few people said yes and a few people said no. I can't seem to fix it other than just dying. Bug has occurred on multiple game modes, but I had to select one so I just put Conquest.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get revived a bunch until i finally happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't move the mouse on the Y axis, so I can't look up or down at all, I can only aim and shoot on a horizontal plane.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) version 22.21.13.8569
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

I play with a few friends pretty often and neither of them have had this problem, so I assume it doesn't affect everyone.

Once it happens, I've tried a bunch of things to try to fix it, like switching weapons, opening/closing Origin overlay, pressing escape and then going back into the game, opening and closing the console, alt-tabbing, going prone/crouch. I've even entered a vehicle, and once I was in the vehicle I could move my mouse like normal, but as soon as I got out I was locked to the X-axis again. The only solution is to die.

Message 1 of 3 (739 Views)

Re: Revived Without Y Axis Mouse Movement

★★★★★ Novice

I've come across this bug many times. I also notice a lot of juddering whilst the look is locked to horizontal plane, almost like the game is fighting with itself. Not found a way to reverse the problem other than respawn.

Message 2 of 3 (609 Views)

Re: Revived Without Y Axis Mouse Movement

EA Community Manager

Hey @LexNeville,

thanks for the report - I personally encountered it only once so far, I'll pass that info on. If you come across any information on how to better reproduce, feel free to update the thread.

Message 3 of 3 (603 Views)