Please make SAM shut up about mining interface

by JoonasD6

Original Post

Re: Please make SAM shut up about mining interface

★ Guide

@dajolie wrote:
Ugh SAM feels like a bug itself. Annoyingly talkative. Weather changes, inexistent emails reminders when on Tempest, mining sites tutorials. I just want an option to shut him up. Even after the patch he still often interferes with squaddies banter. I started to strongly sympathize with those hackers and want AI dead unless he starts saying something useful. At least stop repeating those things after I'm e.g. lvl 10. Most of that is just tutorial, I consider myself not THAT stupid. I'm begging you, Bioware. I am not left with any other choice but to post here continiously until dat rogue AI stops messing with my head!

The worst part is the AI should solve the Sudoku puzzles, thats the whole bloody point of having an AI in your head anyways. Instead i get something useless, which also ate 5 of my skill slots and left me with 3. Yes we know the writers loved synthesis but not everyone does. Please for god sake get AI out of my head and give me my skill slots back. ATM the AI is a overall a penalty to me rather than providing any help. I rather do the puzzles myself and have my 8 skill slots back and the silence of not having a useless thing not stuck in my head.

Message 21 of 37 (1,226 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Man, I have to agree about this. It's annoying. Also, he should only tell you about hazard environments when your suit level reaches critical (the meter gets into the red) otherwise.

Message 22 of 37 (1,214 Views)

★★ Apprentice
> Yes we know the writers loved synthesis but not everyone does.

shoot you are right. screw synthesis. SAM makes red ending seem even more likable!
Message 23 of 37 (1,203 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Couldn't agree more, something needs to be done!

Message 24 of 37 (1,191 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hi peeps.

i'm back to Voeld, second playthrough.

i still hate SAM. i know he worries about me, but he's too clingy and gosh we need to break up.

like, dude, you are literally in my head, isn't that not enough.

Bioware, please, let me shut him up.

Message 25 of 37 (1,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Someone posted a mod on nexusmods to shut up SAM.

"Remove SAM comments about weather, radiation and life support being restored. Keeps his comments about life support being low/failing because those are at least mildly useful."

At least an alternative solution until BIOWARE hopefully releases those options.

For PC at least ;-)

Message 26 of 37 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It certainly bugs me! Im starting to resent SAM talking Frown

Message 27 of 37 (1,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It may actually be a bug. Think about all the times squad members, or even Ryder, says something as if it's the first time they've been somewhere. Even if it's the hundredths time you've been there.

Hell, repeating mission dialogue long after you've finished a mission.
Message 28 of 37 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I actually have doubts they did any testing at all. I mean past the cursory "does it boot up?" Yes/no
Message 29 of 37 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Agreed. Hopefully something happens to get rid of SAM in future installments. I mean SAM is the hero, Ryder is just the meat sack it rides around in.
Message 30 of 37 (1,143 Views)