by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Painter level 10 can't sell to Art Gallery

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with painter level 10 try and sell a painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to sell to Art Gallery is gone on one of my sims. Can only sell to collector despite her being level 10 in painting.
What do you expect to see? The option to sell to Art Gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The option to sell to Art Gallery is gone on one of my sims. Can only sell to collector despite her being level 10 in painting. I can't for the life of me figure out why, another of my sims, also a level 10 painter, can sell without any issues. I could just have him sell all her paitings ofc, but it still annoys me when i don't know WHY she can't sell to art gallery. The option isn't even greyed out, it's just gone entirely. She used to be able to sell to art gallery just fine, but suddenly she wont.

Message 1 of 10 (6,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Painter level 10 can't sell to Art Gallery

★★★ Novice

No longer needed, thanks for all your help Standard smile I don't know what I did, but suddenly, she could sell to art gallery as usual. Perhaps it was the recent patch or something.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (6,719 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is it gone for any kind of paintings ?

Have you tried moving the Sim out and back in via household manager to see if she gets it back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (6,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

Moving out of household and back again did not solve the issue I'm afraid :/

Message 3 of 10 (6,090 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just to be certain, are you sure the painting was painted by this Sim? If someone else in the household painted it, it may not be of sufficient quality.

Also is the sim retired?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (6,085 Views)

Hero

And it's for all paintings they painted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (6,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's for all paintings she paints paint, and yes, it's paintings she made herself. Also jpkarlsen, once you get enough levels in painting, you can sell any painting of any quality to the art gallery, not just master pieces. My other sim can sell it with no problems, his own and hers, no matter the quality. She cannot sell either, to art gallery at least, unless they are master pieces. They are both vampires, is there any known bug with learning skills too fast or something? because the lady sim gained levels insanely fast, back to back, because of her traits and that she was being mentored, and that she has the night buff thing as a vampire?

Message 6 of 10 (6,068 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (6,058 Views)

Hero

Tagging @ninjoriparis

would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (6,021 Views)

★★★ Novice

No longer needed, thanks for all your help Standard smile I don't know what I did, but suddenly, she could sell to art gallery as usual. Perhaps it was the recent patch or something.

Message 9 of 10 (6,720 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear that.

Enjoy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (5,982 Views)