Re: (PS4) Titanfall 2 this profile is not permitted to play online

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PS4) Titanfall 2 this profile is not permitted to play online

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug I bought Titanfall 2 on PS4 on Monday, April 3rd, as my friend loved the multiplayer and there was a sale for half off. I saw him play the multiplayer and loved it. I bought it, downloaded it, and installed it, and now every time I attempt to play the multiplayer it shows the splash text saying "This profile is not permitted to play online". The only times it does not show me this problem are when I am not connected to internet, and when I do, it takes me right back to the text. I have looked up the solutions on the forums and internet, but nothing works. This is also after the colony update. I have also never been able to play the multiplayer on this ps4 slim.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I open the game, and it shows the splash text when I scroll down to Multiplayer.
What happens when the bug occurs? It refuses to let me even try to search for multiplayer or let me play.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to play the multiplayer in this game that I payed for.

I bought Titanfall 2 on PS4 on Monday, April 3rd, as my friend loved the multiplayer and there was a sale for half off. I saw him play the multiplayer and loved it. I bought it, downloaded it, and installed it, and now every time I attempt to play the multiplayer it shows the splash text saying "This profile is not permitted to play online". The only times it does not show me this problem are when I am not connected to internet, and when I do, it takes me right back to the text. I have looked up the solutions on the forums and internet, but nothing works. This is also after the colony update. I have also never been able to play the multiplayer on this ps4 slim.

Message 1 of 7 (2,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SapaChap Hey, so I'm clear you can't play on that system on more than 1 account? Can you try power cycling your router and restarting the system from the power menu and see if that has an effect?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,812 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Someone please help, I would really like to enjoy this game.

Message 2 of 7 (2,286 Views)

Community Manager

@Egrob03 Thanks for the post. Can I check if you can play other EA games online? If you don't have any, you can try downloading the FIFA 17 demo and try that?

You may also want to try creating a new adult account and see if that can connect without issue. 

Hopefully we can figure out what's going wrong here. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is from a different account but it is still Egrob03, I can play Star Wars battlefront, garden warfare 2, all without problem, thanks for replying and my account is adult
Message 4 of 7 (2,265 Views)

Community Manager

@SapaChap Hey, so I'm clear you can't play on that system on more than 1 account? Can you try power cycling your router and restarting the system from the power menu and see if that has an effect?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (2,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much this worked for me the first time I tried, and the second time I tried I just had to play the campaign a bit and it worked.
Message 6 of 7 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the update. 

I hope you're liking the new patch, I finally got the new execution on saturday after many, many Pulse Blade misses. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,203 Views)