[OPEN] Visitors get stuck at the chess game and other objects

by RoyaleLady

Original Post

Guests playing 'Don't wake the llama' don't go home

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This bug also occurred with chess games but was said to have been fixed in a patch. If Sims in a group gathering or during a party play "Don't wake the llama", they may not leave after the meeting is finished. It is not possible to send the home. The option is greyed out and a notification says "Sim is already leaving the house". In my game the Sims continued playing for 8 hours before they left. The only workaround is to reset them.

Message 31 of 45 (1,024 Views)

Re: Guests playing 'Don't wake the llama' don't go home

Hero

@alanmichael1 Merged with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 45 (1,011 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The chess bug has returned in my game. It was also reported by another player on the US forum. This time it doesn't seem to be a special German issue Standard smile.

Message 33 of 45 (967 Views)

Hero

@alanmichael1 is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 45 (938 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still see this issue ?

@RoyaleLady @alanmichael1 @emmalie82 @Screech666

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 45 (876 Views)

Sim stuck at house playing chess

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, get together, city living, get to work, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you start a new game and move into a neighborhood. During the welcome to the neighborhood party, play chess with someone from the welcome party.
What happens when the bug occurs? they will keep playing even after the party is over and will refuse to leave, as it says they are currently leaving. If you invite them to hangout, at your house they will just continue to play chess and if you ask them to leave again they won't.
What do you expect to see? For them to leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't attach a save so I guess it just needs to be reproduced by others.

Message 36 of 45 (871 Views)

Re: Sim stuck at house playing chess

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @acdoob

I've merged your post with existing thread.

A save would be great. It's an older issue and very hard to duplicate.

Here's instructions how you can share them with QA: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 45 (860 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @acdoob

Is the guest still stuck after cancelling the chess interaction with them?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 45 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @SimQARobo

At first it just seemed like they are just practicing chess but ya they are stuck in a loop. Also they are from the Parthius house from the get together expansion. I didn't try other neighbors, but I can.

Also I just installed the operating system and the sims Friday so there is no clutter.

Message 39 of 45 (811 Views)

EA Sims Team

@acdoob

Is the guest playing chess by themselves, or with another Sim?  If it's with another Sim, and you can control the other Sim, is the guest still stuck after cancelling the chess interaction?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 45 (797 Views)